Additive Manufacturing Technician - 6 month FTC
United Kingdom, England, WokingF1 - Production
Purpose of the Role:
To take unfinished 3D printed components and process them to a high standard, ready for prefitting.
To ready all types of AM printing machines for next builds including setting parameters and carrying out both routine and specialised machine maintenance.
Monday - Friday Early shift from 6am, some travel may be required.
- Unloading build platforms and preparing clean platforms for use for all 3D printers.
- Setting machines ready to start next build.
- Solve machine issues during build and machine breakdowns, recovering part failures and minimising parts scrapped.
- Loading and unloading automated parts washer.
- Processing 3D printed components using progressively finer grade paper to an agreed standard.
- Dispatching duties, booking off jobs in departmental software Streamics & Javelin.
- Basic inspecting of parts, visual go/no go type checking of all components before shipping to next op.
- Kitting of 3D printed parts for Aero projects.
- Ensure high quality of model and car parts, with on time delivery in full.
- Ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Reviewing assigned workload and where potential delays are foreseen, ensuring timely communication to managers and supportive of an alternative plan that will have minimal effect on the program.
- Working to agreed methods of work.
- Work efficiently within manufacturing as part of an established team.
- Where appropriate, communicate effectively delivery schedules.
- Promote McLaren values amongst colleagues.
- Generate practical ideas for improving component processing and finishing.
- Where faults are identified, contain and inform management.
- To attend appropriate reviews as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Wear PPE as instructed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of 3D printing would be an advantage.
- Must be able to handle delicate parts with care while hand finishing with wet and dry paper.
- Developing working relationships that promote faster delivery of parts and increase morale between shifts.
- PC literate to enable use of department systems.
- Methodical approach and target driven.
- Able to promote ‘best practice’ working standards.
- Where the need for change is appropriate, engaging others to influence the result.
- A ‘Can do’ attitude with a drive for technical excellence.
- Flexible in working hours.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.