Assistant, Finance Business Partner
United Kingdom, England, WokingFinance & Procurement
Purpose of the Role:
This role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, while being comfortable managing periods of high workload volume. The successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, high level of attention to detail and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into high quality, data driven reporting and analysis. This will support the broader Finance Business Partnering team across all five of McLaren’s racing series.
This role sits within our Non-F1 Business Partnering team, where we work closely with commercial leads across all five racing series to provide meaningful, reliable and influential financial reporting to support strategic business decisions and our Pursuit of Better. We have adopted hybrid working across the team; however, flexibility to work hours will be required in order to meet the operational demands of the teams that you support.
- Assisting in month-end close process, including journal postings and reconciliations.
- Supporting the team in preparation of forecasts and budget submissions.
- Reviewing and reporting monthly spend against budgets for Commercial and Marketing departments.
- Preparation of monthly finance packs for various key stakeholders (Director / Head of Level).
- Providing analysis support to the broader Non-F1 Business Partnering Team.
- Support analysis of business cases for proposed investment decisions and overall monitoring of capex.
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- Entry level ACA/ACCA/CIMA studier or individual with relevant financial experience looking to begin their studies.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills. Power BI desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to work effectively to deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, open minded and eager to learn.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.