United Kingdom, England, WokingF1 - Operations
Purpose of the Role:
To set and operate multi-axis computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools, producing carbon and metallic race car components and tooling.
- To manufacture components to supplied CAD and drawings
- Setting and operating multi-axis CNC machining centres
- You will be required to set and operate more than one machine in order to support output and the best shop utilisation possible
- Maintaining program and tooling records for all components produced with support from your team leader as needed
- Support of TPM, cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace will be required
- To be aware of health and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Must be an experienced craftsperson with a proven track record
- Experience of multi axis machine tools
- Knowledge of siemens 840D control
- Experience of cutting a variety of material, Aluminium alloys/stainless steels/tool steels
- Proactive, self-motivated and uses initiative, looks for the next task and offers solutions to problems
- Has a positive approach to situations, comfortable to mentor younger people and grow talent from within
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills - uses accurate and clear communication and demonstrates when information is understood
The following are preferred but not essential:
- Understanding of CAM (ideally Hyper Mill Open Mind)
- Knowledge of 3DExperience Design Tools
- Previous experience in manufacturing high precision components, pattern work and tooling, preferably in a motorsport (especially F1) or aerospace would be beneficial
- Consistently strives for excellence in quality, performance and output
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.