Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
Purpose of the Role:
To set and operate multi-axis CNC machine tools to machine a wide variety of race car components and tooling.
- The machining of a variety of race car components in a broad selection of materials – inclusive of a diverse selection of metals, carbon fibre, tooling block and plastics, to supplied CAD data and drawings
- Setting and operation of a variety of multi-axis CNC machining centres, including Hurco, Breton & CMS machines
- The requirement to set and operate multiple machines at any time to support output and best shop utilisation
- To work closely with the production engineering team to feedback on issues, share ideas for best practices and to ensure all machining is carried out in the most efficient way possible
- Maintenance of program and tooling records for all components produced with support from your team leader as required
- Self-inspection of all work, using CAD data, drawings and inspection equipment to contribute to RFT and part conformance
- The support of TPM, cleanliness and housekeeping as required
- To be aware of, and comply with, all health and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A background in CNC machining with a good level of experience with the machining of complex and varied components
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to use your own initiative – always looking for the next task and challenge and highlighting, investigating, and offering solutions to problems
- Comfortable sharing knowledge and ideas with other team members to promote collaborative working and improvements across all facets of the role
- You will have a high attention to detail with all of your work and tasks
- Good communication skills - uses accurate and clear communication and demonstrates when information is understood
- Consistently strives for excellence in quality, performance and output
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing Composites (MRC) is based at the McLaren Racing Composites Facility in Woking Business Park. This is a new state-of-the-art production centre with the latest in CNC machines and autoclave technology, an open plan office, gym and quiet room. The site is situated on the canal for easy walking and cycling commutes as well as local amenities within walking distance.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.