CNC Machinist /Programmer - Nightshift
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingF1 - Production
- Programme and manufacture of components to supplied drawings, encompassing the programming, setting and operating of multi-axis computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining centres.
- Wherever possible, you will be required to set and operate more than one machine tool.
- Maintain programme and tooling records for all components produced.
- Liaising with the management and production engineers to maximise the efficient running of the machine tools.
- Maintain a shift handover record with other shift-based employees in the machine shop.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace
- Be aware of health and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required knowledge,
- Experience in Open Mind CAM software
- Experience using Mazak/Mikron 3 axis and/or 5 axis milling machines applicable to your area
- Experience in Programming and use of Mazatrol or Heidenhain 530 control systems as applicable to your area.
- Experience of ISO or other conversational CNC programming
- Previous experience in manufacturing precision components preferably in a motorsport environment or similar
- Experienced craftsperson with a proven track record
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.