CNC Machinist x2
Purpose of the Role: To set and operate multi axis machine tools.
- Manufacture and machining of components to supplied CAD and drawings
- This will encompass setting and operating multi-axis computer numerically controlled machining CNC centres, both milling and turning considered.
- This may require, depending on the task, full or partial on-control programming
- Whenever possible you will be required to set and operate more than one machine.
- Maintain program and tooling records for all components produced
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace
- To be aware of health and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out other such duties as may be reasonably requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must be an experienced craftsperson with a proven track record
- Experience mill/turn using multi axis machining centres,
- Previous experience in manufacturing precision components, preferably in a motorsport, or similar environment, would be beneficial
- Previous on-control programming experience would be beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Able to adopt a professional and mature attitude to work and other people
- Energetic, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated
- Proactive - takes opportunity to use initiative where possible
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are open to challenge
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.