CNC Milling Programmer / Setter / Operator
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
Purpose of the Role:
You will be part of a large team of skilled machinists working at pace to deliver precision engineered metallics, driving performance on track throughout the season. During the build season you will be responsible for operating multi-axis machines to produce complex parts with diligence, playing your part in the demanding task of building a new race car. You will use your skills and experience on CNC machining centres to manufacture car components, pit equipment and parts for our Heritage cars. McLaren has a formidable history – come and be part of our future success!
- Manufacture of precision components to supplied CAD and drawings
- Operating and setting multi-axis CNC machines with a range of controllers
- Confidently program parts online, fully or partially Responsible for setting and operating more than one machine during our peak build season
- Maintain program and tooling records for all components produced
- Feedback to Production Engineering to improve programs and machining methods
- Manage workflow on your machine to maximise output without compromising quality
- Responsible for basic inspection of parts to ensure the ongoing quality of batches
- Maintain a shift handover record with other shift-based employees in the machine shop
- To be aware of health and safety legislation and contribute positively to safety standards on the shop floor
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must be an experienced craftsperson with a proven track record
- Experience using multi axis machining centres
- Previous experience in manufacturing small batch precision components, preferably in a motorsport, or similar environment.
- Previous on-control programming experience would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to adopt a professional and mature attitude to work and other people
- Energetic, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated
- Proactive approach to improving the way we work
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.