Composite Assembly Technician - Night Shift Contract (2024 build)
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
We have a number of positions within our composite assembly manufacturing team to support our 2023 F1 car build to produce composite parts and assemblies to support our Formula One Team at MRC. Principally; tooling, trimming and bonding of various composite components. This role is due to start in January 2024 and run to around August on a night shift pattern.
- Produce parts 100% to engineering drawings
- To ensure all parts conform to specific instruction sheets
- Inspection of completed components
- Trim and Assemble carbon fibre components
- Initial assembly of new car parts
- Servicing items from races and tests
- Preparation of parts for Non Destructive Testing inspection
- Participation in continuous improvement activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and an engineering skills background
- Good practical skills
- Experience of trimming and assembling Carbon fibre is essential
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Basic PC literacy
- Energetic, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
- Not fazed by tight timescales
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
What McLaren can offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing Composites (MRC) is based at the McLaren Racing Composites Facility in Woking Business Park. This is a new state-of-the-art production centre with the latest in CNC machines and autoclave technology, an open plan office, gym and quiet room. The site is situated on the canal for easy walking and cycling commutes as well as local amenities within walking distance.