Consumer Licensing Executive
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
In this role you will support in delivering the day-to-day management of key licensees and general operations of the department.
You will be required to proactively support our licensees in delivering the licensing strategy and individual account requirements specifically across the management of product critical path, asset provision and approval processes.
Working within the fast-paced world of professional sport the team is dynamic and you will need to be motivated and resourceful. Establishing excellent internal and external relationships with clear communication and solid attention to detail is critical to your success.
You’ll join the Licensing and Merchandise Team reporting to the Specialist, Merchandise & Licensing.
While you’ll have a focus on specific categories, you’ll also collaborate with those working on other categories and cross Group with our Automotive colleagues to drive innovation, learning, sustainable integration and broader development.
You will work extremely closely with all other areas of Marketing to deliver comprehensive licensing programs to market including Brand, Creative, Fan Engagement and Comms.
Building and maintaining excellent, collaborative, working relationships with colleagues, partners, key stakeholders and suppliers is key strong relationships with external
- Support across the portfolio of licensees assigned to you
- Organise and assist with brand on boarding, design briefs and product review meetings
- Assist in the planning of product ranges for each season,
- Assist with collation of assets to provide to licensees
- Be central to the facilitation of; development of conceptual design, sampling, artwork and final specification
- Assist with the approval of designs and product samples in line with brand guidelines
- Organise and support product approvals with relevant “approver”
- Ensure clear, accurate and detailed verbal and written direction and feedback is given to licensees / suppliers within the required time frames
- Maintain detailed licensed product approval databases with relevant licensees
- Detail and maintain the Marketing a product launch calendar against relevant licensees
- Liaise with digital, comms and marketing team on the provision of relevant assets for marketing and promotion
- Maintain accurate and up to date product critical paths across all partners
- Provide weekly critical path and delivery report management and updates
- Collate and prepare licensees reporting , forecasts and general business updates
- Carry out relevant product reviews and market analysis keeping up with trends and new product launches
- Source all relevant data, materials and content to support your responsibilities above
- Implement quality control on all data, materials and content supplied
- Process relevant purchase order raising
- Data management and update of team documents for weekly review
- Assist with department projects
- Organise and schedule department meetings
- Organize meetings at MTC and possibly at suppliers’ offices when necessary. Minute key points in a timely manner.
- Manage general administrative duties within role requirements
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- A passion for licensing, product, marketing and sports entertainment
- A general understanding of go to market strategy and marketing principles
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Incredible attention to detail
- A recognition of the high standards representative of the McLaren Brand.
- Competencies required: Commercial, Collaborative; Creative thinking, Organization, and Communication
- Presentation skills (both writing and delivery), internally and to partners / suppliers
- Good working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. MS Office suite)
- Fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages would be an advantage)
- Team Player
- Genuine interest within Merchandise, Licensing and Product
- Motivated to learn and develop within the team
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.