United Kingdom, England, WokingCommunications
Purpose of the Role:
You'll be playing an active role in the day-to-day operations and press office support of the McLaren Racing communications function, supporting the delivery of first-class media relations for McLaren Racing to enhance brand awareness, drive value for corporate partners and grow the fanbase.
You'll be the glue of the Communications team, supporting McLaren Racing’s media relations activities, including but not limited to:
- Administrative and press office support in managing the day-to-day running of the Comms team’s operations
- Ensure the internal databases, email distribution lists, comms advance lists are kept up to date
- To assist and support the Communications Directors / Head of with general administrative duties associated to activity.
- To proficiently use, manage and develop the range of comms tools required for general running of the press office, including press release distribution systems, image libraries, online media centre, content plans and file sharing platforms
- To organise and manage the schedule of regular team meetings, including proactively raising and actioning media opportunities where appropriate, conducting regular coverage monitoring, reporting and evaluation for the wider company
- Provide pro-active operational support to the Comms team by managing media databases, distribution lists, media centre subscribers, templates and company assets, sourcing information and imagery when required, and liaising with finance departments to ensure timely and regular payments to relevant contractors and suppliers
To join our race for performance, the following are essential:
- Motorsport experience in a similar role is advantageous but not essential
- Strong organisational skills and co-ordination capabilities
- A self-starting approach and can-do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills – experience dealing with people and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to work flexibly, adjusting working hours and occasional travel to off-site events when necessary
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to represent McLaren in a Comms capacity in a professional manner at all times.
The successful candidate will be a marketing or media graduate or someone with experience in a busy communications environment within a specialist communications/media/PR role. A pressured and demanding workload doesn't faze you, in fact, it's when you do your best work. This role will come with some administrative tasks, but you're the kind of person who knows how important it is to get that stuff right. You are proactive and positive in your approach and not afraid to get stuck in.
We're also looking for someone who:
- Can effectively and confidently communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Has excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Has strong copywriting skills
- Has great attention to detail
- Knows the value of teamwork and is able to work both proactively within a small team and co-ordinate the management of tasks within the team, as well as play an active role in the wider department
- Has an inquisitive and self-starting nature, with the ability to manage your own workload
- Has the ability to build strong and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally and to become a trusted representative of the Comms team
- Can multi-task and juggle several of ongoing projects at once
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.