Design Engineer – Pit Equipment
United Kingdom, , WokingF1 - Technical
Purpose of the Role: To support the design of the F1 Garage and Pit Stop equipment
- Design and delivery of aesthetic and operational pit equipment
- Project ownership from the conceptual phase through to track sign off
- Design and specification of systems to maximise pit stop performance
- Race car set up equipment design
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Liaison across Race Engineering, Vehicle Design, Logistics and Marketing
- When required, to assist in design work related to chassis, bodywork, suspension and transmission components
- Design of jig and tooling components for manufacture and testing of components
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of racing car components and systems
- Excellent knowledge of composite and metallic materials and manufacturing techniques
- Proficiency in 3D CAD. 3DX experience preferred
- Uses initiative to resolve issues and improve processes
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.