United States, Indiana, IndianapolisIndyCar
Purpose of the Role:
To inspire, support and produce outstanding creative in response to design briefs and stakeholder requirements across the McLaren IndyCar series. Develop and deliver challenging design
approaches that build equity in the McLaren Racing brand, supporting the progression of our
IndyCar series through creative & design while continuing to enhance the reputation of
the McLaren Brand Creative Studio.
This is a role for a developing and curious creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You should be proactive and motivated, continually curious to explore design trends and look for exciting creative opportunity.
Able to support with the delivery of design to the highest standard while delivering against hard deadlines. You can put together succinct creative presentations with an appetite for progressive
and sustainable production techniques.
This individual will be able to apply the McLaren brand principles to their work and ensures that
best-in-class design is integrated with seamless cohesion.
- Championing and showcasing the McLaren IndyCar brand through close collaboration with team members and throughout the Marketing department
- Design striking creative for application across print, digital and environment, deployed across a variety of IndyCar assets, such as campaigns, social, product, events, interiors, photography and motion
- Collaborate, align and working seamlessly with other areas of the Brand Creative Studio, Marketing and McLaren Racing (UK based), across time-zones
- Enhancing the value of McLaren IndyCar Series with its partners through informed and superbly executed creative responses.
Deliver against critical deadlines, you'll need to keep up to date on current design trends and production techniques, and continually bring fresh, challenging ideas to our Brand Creative studio and IndyCar Series. We are also keen for creatives to share knowledge and experience, and in doing so, we encourage an open and creative environment for all.
You will apply our brand principles and values to your work, ensuring that best-in-class design is applied to all McLaren IndyCar collateral.
You'll need to be flexible in your working hours and on occasion be able to travel.
This role reports to the Head of Design, working closely with the Senior Specialist, Design (both based in the UK).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a marketing related major ideal, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years digital and print experience in a related design role required
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience as a middle-weight designer either for an agency or brand.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Secondary software knowledge Cinema 4D, Renderer – Arnold/Octane.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of current design graphic trends.
- Proven ability in offering support for multi-skilled response to creative briefs.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present creative concepts in response to briefs.
- Continual proactive learning of new technologies, software and industry innovations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Creative – imaginative, inquisitive, challenging convention and thinking intuitively and creatively.
- Collaborative – works collaboratively and engages in project teams, networks, and alliances.
- Results – someone with an outstanding work ethic, driven by excellence with an expectation of delivering the best work possible.
- Self-motivated – a track record of getting things done in challenging circumstances.
- Organized - the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and to escalate where necessary.
- Communication – a clear, concise, and engaging communicator that can articulate creative thinking and implement through to production. To be able to listen and understand the needs of the business, stakeholder, or outcome.
- Attention to detail – able to identify design or contextual flaws, and to remedy these with an exacting standard.