Electrician, Sea Freight and Infrastructure
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Racing
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
To support all functions of the Race Team and Sea Freight Operations, in implementing the trackside electrical installations and de-rigs. The role holder will maintain all associated ancillary items both at the McLaren Technology Centre and trackside.
In conjunction with their counterparts the role holder will be responsible for the maintenance of racing equipment and car parts whilst ensuring all technical and legal compliance is adhered to.
The role holder should remain flexible as occasional support to other operational areas of the business may be required.
The role may consist of unsociable hours often at short notice during high load periods, and will involve time away from home and extensive travel.
- Reporting to Head of, and Managers of Sea Freight and Infrastructure
- Race Team, Sea Freight Efficiency Programme
- Race Team Electrician and its Supporting functions
- Hours to be worked as and when is required
- Travel will be essential
- Build of garage electrical equipment and installations (single and 3 phase systems)
- Maintenance and repair of garage electrical equipment and installations
- Input to the electrical design of new specialised equipment projects
- Build and maintenance of NEW pit equipment.
- Document garage electrical installations and schematics
- The build, presentation, and function of the garage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experienced of delivering quality under extremely tight and demanding deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Experience of working in a highly technical engineering environment
- Electrical 18th Edition Certified
- ATEX Certified / Compex EX02-04 is desirable
- Ability to contribute to component fault diagnosis process
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- A good understanding of current F1 garage systems.
- Enthusiastic approach with a strong will to develop and continually improve
- Communications skills are to be of an excellent standard
- Evidence of working as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to undergo physical work requiring strength and stamina
- A driven must do attitude and achieve whilst working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated to achieve personal and team objectives
- Personal pride in the delivery of all tasks and their outcomes, continual surpassing of company expectations
- Must work in a methodical and organised manner
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
What McLaren can offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.