Executive Assistant to the IndyCar Team President
Purpose of the Role:
A unique role for a highly motivated and talented individual, reporting direct to the Team President. This exciting role will be responsible for setting up and proactively managing the Team President’s office. You’ll also have the opportunity to support the wider team operations.
- Anticipate needs and provide a seamless approach to managing the Team President’s time via Outlook diary management.
- Take a longer-term view of the Team President’s diary and proactively manage all future requirements that require prep for the Team President.
- Coordinate and implement multiple complex national and international travel schedules including, flights (private and commercial), trains, car transfers/chauffer bookings and arranging visas where required
- To help the Team President become better organised and able to prioritise their time for ‘A’ grade activities
- Liaise directly with McLaren Exec members and other personnel in facilitating the preparation of materials as needed by the Team President in the deployment of their duties
- To personally own the preparation of the Team President for ‘A’ grade meetings such as prospective commercial partner meetings, ensuring they have all the information he needs
- Attend the key meetings the Team President does as a passive participant to identify, track and follow up on key actions requested by the Team President.
- To run the Team President’s office, introducing clear and robust processes to make it efficient in handling day to day activities in line with the Team President’s expectations
- To travel with the Team President on occasion to key events to offer direct coordination support and agenda management to optimise their time.
- To provide the Team President with a primary point of contact for work requests that they then proactively coordinate delivery of with the respective department leads
- To deputise for the Team President at meetings where they are unable to attend to ensure information is relayed and the Team President stays abreast of what they need to know.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the broader McLaren Racing business and establish highly effective relationships with key personnel to advance the Team President’s agenda.
- To be an exceptional communicator that relies on strong relationships (not positional authority) to get things done
- Proactive, diligent, acute attention to detail, exceptional communicator, natural relationship builder, highly organised, comfort with ambiguity, self-starter, requires minimal direction, able
- Assist with the set-up of office meetings including booking meeting rooms, video/call conferencing, catering, AV and confirming details with attendees in a timely manner
- Provide an effective professional response to all visitors and enquiries by phone and face-to-face
- Open, acknowledge and co-ordinate responses to post and e-mail enquiries
- Monthly expense reconciliation for Team President.
- Provide support in gaining Team President business approvals, purchase orders and expenses
- Maintain digital filing and the central filling systems, archiving, shredding
- Create presentations, reports, documents, printing and distribution if needed,
Support Team President with ad hoc personal aspects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The preferred candidate will be a commercially minded individual with significant experience of working with C-suite level stakeholders.
- They will be digitally savvy and have significant experience working in a global, blue chip firm.
- Applicant must be an independent thinker and possess strong organisation and leadership skills; adept at working under pressure and under time timescales.
- A keen interest in developing and improving processes is required.
- Board-level gravitas combining personal warmth and affability with a strong work ethic.
- Intellectually curious and lateral strategic thinker; continually innovating and proactively raising the bar.
- Imaginative flair; the ability to initiate ideas and develop these into practical and commercial reality.
- Adept at building and managing successful relationships at all levels of the internal organisation.
- Capacity to manage several on-going projects and able to continuously pivot to re-define priorities.
- Fluent in English and other languages an advantage
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.