Executive, Technology Partnerships
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role
To support the day-to-day operational fulfilment of Technology Partners in the McLaren Formula 1 Team portfolio, whilst assisting the wider partner base where required, such that the contractual rights are fully leveraged and maximised, while the long-term individual and company relationships are created and maintained.
- Reports to Manager, Technology Partnerships.
- Focus of the role is supporting the day-to-day operational fulfilment of key technology partners, led by the Manager, Technology Partnerships.
- The role will also focus on supporting the wider Technology Partnerships, Formula 1 Partnerships and Senior Leadership Team in general.
- The role is based at the McLaren Technology Centre, Woking, Surrey, UK, but may require some travel both within the UK and internationally and consequently flexibility in working hours will be required.
- Support the Manager, Technology Partnerships to ensure the successful delivery of 2-3 technology partner’s 360 activation plans to ensure that the partner’s rights are maximised to achieve their objectives and KPIs across:
- Partner events and activities, internal and external.
- Activation campaigns, experiential or digital.
- Experiential and display asset bookings.
- Develop a strong understanding of assigned partner’s business objectives, brand marketing strategy, target delivery and growth markets, competitors and KPIs.
- Support weekly/monthly meeting management (agenda setting and note taking) and rights tracking.
- Support with partner executive engagement and gifting plan, including maintaining all CRM data across day-to-day account members, agencies and partner leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with day-to-day stakeholders within the partners organisations.
- Assist colleagues within the Partnership team with collective tasks and administration or additional duties as required.
- Always operate with our core values in mind – Bravery; Respect; Inclusiveness; Energy and Innovation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in delivering partnership marketing activities, sponsorship, brand/product marketing, sales, and communications campaigns.
- An interest in technology and experience of having worked with stakeholders and brands within the technology business landscape would be beneficial.
- Organised and capable of dealing with multiple workstreams as set, delivering them on time and to brief, to the expected standards, working across departments.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and report proactively with rigour to immediate managers and business as needed.
- Willingness to learn and develop an understanding of our partners’ business drivers and strategies.
- Knowledge of, and passion for the sports marketing and entertainment landscape.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written paying close attention to detail given frequent interaction with several stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. MS Office suite)
- Fluent in English. Other languages would be an advantage.
- Personable – As one of the primary and key faces of McLaren to our partners, clients and the marketplace, must be an effective and confident communicator.
- Accountable - A proven winner, someone who is driven and comes with an outstanding work ethic and expects the best from themselves and their people.
- Collaborative – Engages the partnership ecosystem, networks and alliances to support long term success of the account.
- Organised – Ability to run, track and deliver multiple workstreams and activity at the same time.
- Motivated – Approaches work and delivery with good energy and proactive mindset.
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with
your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private
healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.