Finance Business Partner
United States, Indiana, IndianapolisFinance & Procurement
At McLaren Racing, our Fearless Pursuit of Better reaches into every part of our business. From finance to marketing to HR. We believe performance is all about creating an environment where everyone can thrive - we’re not just here to deliver results on the track.
We’re building the kind of place where you’ll be encouraged to step outside of your comfort zone. To try something different. To discover a new path. To begin a new journey. Whoever you are, wherever you work, and whatever your role.
This is what it really means to be fearless.
In this new role, you will partner with senior stakeholders in the Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar team to facilitate the maximum performance and competitive advantages available to the team. We have invested and are continuing to invest in growing the team and creating an exciting and collaborative culture which you will support and
You will be the first point of call for team members to review performance against budget, opportunities for best investment, and tailored and innovative solutions to gain competitive advantage.
You will collaborate, be supported by, and be part of the wider McLaren Racing finance team, while working closely with the team based in Indianapolis. You will be the sole finance business partner in the US, developing an approach and demonstrating the importance of the role to our next steps. You will work alongside the US financial control team with a wealth of knowledge and insight to support you.
We have adopted hybrid working across the team, but flexibility to work hours will be required to meet the operational demands of the teams you support. Note that this position is located in Indianapolis Indiana (requiring relocation of applicable).
You’ll spend your time:
- Owning the annual budgeting, forecasting, and reporting cycle, and delivering this into the Senior Leadership Team in the US and UK.
- Reporting on monthly performance, and KPI’s, with a focus on the future and ensuring that we are on track with performance enhancements
- Understanding the business strategy, risks and opportunities and recommending & supporting solutions to this to prioritize our focus.
- Identify efficiencies into the cost base and be brave in making these happen
- Monitoring of key projects and supporting their successful completion on budget and to expectations.
- Providing advise and insight to the commercial team to provide our partners with the best returns and innovative solutions, while growing our organization.
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance minimum
- CPA ideal but not required
- 5+ years experience in financial planning and analysis
- 2+ years in public accounting preferred
- Role sits in Indianapolis Indiana, and will require relocation for candidates residing outside the area
- Thrives working in fast paced and agile organizations
- Experience identifying opportunities or risks and then taking ownership for achieving a solution for the business alongside fellow stakeholders
- Positive and get things done attitude, able to motivate the team around you.
- Ability to work independently within a wider team and within the McLaren solar system
- Proven capability to communicate concisely and insightfully to financial and non-financial stakeholders, to both understand and influence decision making by bringing the numbers to life for the business.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and communicate effectively
- Passion for motorsport, and for learning and development