Graduate Electrical DMU Engineer
United Kingdom, England, WokingF1 - Technical
Purpose of the Role:
Assist in the design, integration and packaging of on car electrical systems hardware in order to deliver the most performant, cost efficient and reliable racing car.
Working within the Technical Team on the F1 Racing programme as part of the Electronics Group to assist in the integration and packaging of electrical and electronic hardware on the car within the digital mock-up (DMU) programme. Work closely other design groups to collaborate on the detailed design of the electrical system that spans the entire car.
- Working in collaboration with the Electronics Group and wider teams to deliver the most effective solutions for the racing programme
- Assisting in the instantiation and structuring of the electrical components (harnesses, connectors, sensors, boxes etc.) into the CAD model of the car
- Supporting other design groups in the detailed integration of electrical components and harnesses
- Identifying opportunities for weight, cost, servicing and reliability gains in the car package
- Assist in the generation of manufacturing drawings
- Assist in concept prototyping and design innovation exercise
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Academic background in electro-mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience of electrical system design in a CAD environment
- Awareness of Product Lifecycle Management approach to design
- Awareness of component parts of a vehicle wiring system
- Comfortable with abstract systems and processes
- A positive approach to tasks and an organised way of working
- A sense of ownership for the projects and work undertaken
- A team player who can support others whilst also getting involved in day-to-day tasks as necessary
- Good attention to detail
- Results focused and driven to achieve a successful outcome
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.