Graduate Electronics Engineer
United Kingdom, England, WokingF1 - Technical
Purpose of the Role:
Design, develop and deliver electronics solutions for the F1 Racing programme both for on and off car applications.
Working within the Technical Team on the F1 Racing programme as part of the Electronics Group in order to assist in the design, development, delivery, deployment and life cycle maintenance of electronic devices used both on the car and in supporting activities such as pit stop systems, rigs and dynos.
- Working in collaboration with the Electronics Group and wider teams to deliver the most effective solutions for the racing programme
- Assisting in the design of small-scale electronic devices
- Undertaking issue and fault investigation for existing devices, identifying improvements
- Performing validation testing and quantifying results
- Delivery, integration and first use support
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong academic background in electronic design (e.g. degree, HND)
- Solid first principles skills used in circuit design and component selection
- Experience in the practical application of electronics in real-world scenarios
- Awareness of common CAD packages for PCB design and manufacture
- Familiarity with circuit design and emulation tools
- Experience with low level (bare metal) embedded code development in small scale project
- Exposure to microcontroller application
- Knowledge of transducer and sensor principles
- A positive approach to tasks and an organised way of working
- A sense of ownership for the projects and work undertaken
- A team player who can support others whilst also getting involved in day-to-day tasks as necessary
- Able to work hands on when required by the project
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Methodical and rigorous use of engineering skills
- Results focused and driven to achieve a successful outcome
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.