Head of Brand Marketing Campaigns
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to lead the development and delivery of McLaren Racing’s major marketing campaigns.
The postholder is accountable for translating the overarching brand strategy and audience insights into a series of campaigns that enhance brand fame, build our fanbase, grow licensing revenues and deeply integrate our commercial partners.
- 1-2 direct reports
- Budget management
- Unsocial hours and some travel may be required.
Concept Development and Campaign Planning (30%)
- Plan the annual calendar of key marketing moments 12-18months ahead of delivery.
- Work closely with Brand Strategy to ensure that the marketing calendar delivers on the needs of the business and builds from insight, defining clear objectives and key results.
- Design the core campaign concepts for McLaren Racing’s annual calendar of brand marketing campaigns. Leading a multi-disciplinary group to drive strong creative thinking.
- Develop briefs for the Brand Creative team to design campaign identities for each major campaign.
- Develop briefs for campaign content creation.
Commercial delivery (20%)
- Plan the commercial strategy for the marketing calendar, defining how we will fund our campaigns and how each will deliver commercial return.
- Develop business-cases to unlock investment into marketing initiatives.
- Work with Partner Strategy to develop pitch proposals to secure partner involvement and investment in campaigns. Play an active role in the pitching process to partners.
- Identify opportunities for the marketing calendar to play a role in securing new partners or driving incremental growth from our existing partner portfolio.
Campaign & Project Management (40%)
- Lead the delivery of each major campaign, bringing together a cross-functional team to drive end-to-end execution. Specifically:
- Working with Brand Creative to develop key campaign assets.
- Oversee the development of any major content with third parties and agencies.
- Working with Digital and Social teams to plan the execution of campaigns across channels.
- Working with Licensing to ensure campaigns support the marketing of our products.
- Working with partnerships and partners to integrate them into campaigns, meeting their objectives.
- Track and manage campaign budgets
- Build post campaign reports and present to Executive leadership, taking learnings forward to future campaigns
Team & Departmental Leadership (10%)
- Manage a small team dedicated to supporting delivery on the above and be able to lead a wider team of specialists to work together on campaigns.
- Ensure projects stay on budget and resource is effectively managed.
- Ensure objectives and targets remain front and centre of all your work.
- Champion creativity and bravery in the business, challenging where needed.
- Role model our values and behaviours.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in planning and executing multi-channel marketing and brand campaigns
- Previous responsibility for defining and delivering on campaign KPIs and targets
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven ability to bring together different departments and skillsets to collective deliver campaigns
- Strong communication skills; able to get buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Strong experience of social and digital marketing
- Extensive experience of working in an agency or other fast paced, client or partner-driven environment
- Demonstrated curiosity and passion for brands and brand storytelling
- Experience of planning and creating high-production value content
- Experience working on sports marketing, fan engagement or sponsorship campaigns
- Experience of working on product and sales campaigns, especially in categories such as sportswear, sporting goods, FMCG or fashion
- Experience drafting business-cases to secure marketing investment
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
Hybrid working patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.