Head of Social & Content
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
A unique opportunity to lead on social media and content at one of the most prestigious teams in the world of sport.
McLaren is searching for an industry-leading and highly driven professional with experience of leading social media and content teams. You will have a potent blend of creativity to keep McLaren at the forefront of disruptive storytelling, while having the analytical ability to turn data into actionable insight to drive further engagement and channel growth.
You will lead teams across multiple series including Formula 1, IndyCar, Formula E and Extreme E. You will set McLaren’s fan growth and engagement strategy across the whole social media landscape and collaborate with your direct reports to put your plan into action.
McLaren is a fast-paced and high-performance environment, and the nature of racing on weekends and working in the digital space means working in unsocial hours. We also have a fun, supportive and diverse environment where our people are given autonomy and opportunities to not only develop as strong people managers, but to also grow your skill base and develop into world-class practitioners.
You will lead the social and content arm of McLaren’s digital team with four direct reports.
- Management of social and content teams across McLaren Racing.
- Developing overarching plans and strategies 12 months in advance, ensuring the team is well organised and prepared for extensive race calendars.
- Develop new processes to ensure maximum efficiency across the business.
- Ownership and responsibility of all social media channels across McLaren Racing, including growth strategy, organic and paid publishing, and community management strategy.
- Create an annual content development roadmap, leading with creative thinking, and invention of native content franchises to support our licensing objectives.
- Responsible for ideating content franchises which deliver value to our partners.
- Responsible for the delivery of our social media KPIs, from channel growth to channel revenue.
- Create seamless fan journeys from social media to our owned platforms to drive first-party data growth and channel revenue.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Core Lines to ensure the scale and reach of our platforms are driving traffic to the McLaren Store and our licensing partners.
- Management of key senior relationships with Google, Meta, TikTok and Twitter.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing large teams with the ability to coach and develop direct reports.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing social media channels for a large brand or an agency, ideally in sports.
- Proven track record of ideating and delivering engaging and disruptive content.
- Extreme high attention to detail, and strong copywriting and proofreading skills to ensure the quality of output is reflective of our premium brand.
- Experience working with digital, CRM, and analytics teams, using social media to drive commercial targets including data capture and revenue.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.