Jr. Machinist /3D Printing Assistant
Indianapolis, Indiana, United StatesIndyCar
Arrow McLaren is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently underway.
We value: Innovative – Respectful – Inclusive – Energetic – Brave
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren Senior Manager, Production in our Indianapolis location, this position encompasses responsibilities described below.
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on succeeding on the track? Arrow McLaren is looking for a junior machinist /3D printing assistant to join our fast-paced, energetic work environment focusing on succeeding on the track. A motivated team player who does not compromise on quality and innovation as we expand our internal capabilities.
Depending on experience, this position may be hired on a 3-month contract before joining full time.
- Hands-on role working with CNC Mill and Lathe from engineering blueprints.
- Operating 3D Printers, including editing/ creating print files, and post-processing builds.
- Experience with G code and CAM software; Feature Cam Preferred.
- Experience using QC measuring equipment.
- Possess an understanding of materials in 3D printing.
- Able to work independently and multitask.
- Comfortable with other power/hand tools.
- Reliable team player willing to flex his/her schedule when necessary to meet the race schedule.
- Other duties as assigned by the department manager
- Minimum HS diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Knowledge and machine operations (Mill and Lathe). Prefer 1+ years
- Setup and execution of 3D prints in a range of print technologies (FDM, SLA, SLS)
- Familiarity with the CAM software, FeatureCAM product preferred
- Team-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to lift and move items that are up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Attention to detail, organization, and proven experience to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Professional yet friendly personality required to interact with all team members and visitors
Total Rewards (if converted to full-time position)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits
- 401(k) Retirement match
- Voluntary life, short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Annual bonus plan
- Competitive time off plan
- Company discounts, including kit apparel
Arrow McLaren is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.