Junior Graphic Designer
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Junior)
Reporting to: Head of Design (UK)
Department: Brand Creative (P07)
Location: Woking (UK)
Purpose of the Role:
To inspire, support and produce outstanding creative in response to design briefs and stakeholder requirements across all of the McLaren Racing series, working primarily within our IndyCar and Electric Racing series while adding additional support to our other race series.
Develop and deliver challenging design approaches that build equity in the McLaren Racing brand, supporting the progression of our IndyCar and Electric Racing series through creative & design while continuing to enhance the reputation of the McLaren Brand Creative Studio.
This is a role for a developing and curious creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You should be proactive and motivated, continually curious to explore design trends and look for exciting creative opportunity.
Able to support with the delivery of design to the highest standard while delivering against hard deadlines. You can put together succinct creative presentations with an appetite for progressive
and sustainable production techniques.
This individual will be able to apply the McLaren brand principles to their work and ensures that
best-in-class design is integrated with seamless cohesion.
- Championing and showcasing the McLaren Racing brand through close collaboration with team members and throughout the Marketing department
- Design striking creative for application across print, digital and environment, deployed across a variety of assets, such as campaigns, social, product, events, interiors, photography and motion
- Collaborate, align and work seamlessly with other areas of the Brand Creative Studio, Marketing, McLaren Racing, Electric Racing Team (all UK based) and the McLaren IndyCar Team (US based), across timezones.
Deliver against critical deadlines, you'll need to keep up to date on current design trends and production techniques, and continually bring fresh, challenging ideas to our Brand Creative studio IndyCar and Electric Racing series. We are also keen for creatives to share knowledge and experience, and in doing so, we encourage an open and creative environment for all.
You will apply our brand principles and values to your work, ensuring that best-in-class design is applied to all McLaren Racing collateral.
You'll need to be flexible in your working hours and on occasion be able to travel.
This role reports to the Head of Design, working closely with the Senior Specialist, Design (both based in the UK).
- Ability to interpret briefs from Senior creatives and stakeholders, respond with creative concepts of the highest standard, using our brand standards and wider best practice to inform your process and thinking.
- The creation of succinct creative presentations to communicate concept through to design, highlighting unique insight and brand opportunity
- Participate in creative sessions to input share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Working with design colleagues, senior creatives, and strategy to understand scope
and objectives for workstreams
- Support, prepare and orientate initial conceptual directions for Senior Specialists, Design and the Head of Design in response to stakeholder briefs
- Keeping abreast of advancements in design as well as new software and techniques, contemporary trends in production and sustainability.
- To support and influence outstanding, cross-media creative to briefs that contribute to the ongoing development of our brand.
- Maintain exceptional quality control, ensuring design is executed to the highest quality through the most sustainable techniques
- Work with and create templates for all types of formats
- Photography retouching
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience as a junior designer either for an agency or brand.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Secondary software knowledge Cinema 4D a bonus, Renderer – Arnold/Octane.
- Good working knowledge of current design graphic trends.
- Proven ability in offering support for multi-skilled response to creative briefs.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present creative concepts in response to briefs.
- Continual proactive learning of new technologies, software and industry innovations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Creative – imaginative, inquisitive, challenging convention and thinking intuitively and creatively.
- Collaborative – works collaboratively and engages in project teams, networks, and alliances.
- Results – someone with an outstanding work ethic, driven by excellence with an expectation of delivering the best work possible.
- Self-motivated – a track record of getting things done in challenging circumstances.
- Organised - the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and to escalate where necessary.
- Communication – a clear, concise, and engaging communicator that can articulate creative thinking and implement through to production.
- Attention to detail – able to identify design or contextual flaws, and to remedy these with an exacting standard.