Lead, Sustainability - Partner & Fan Activation
United Kingdom, England, WokingSustainability
Purpose of role
To work in partnership with the Partnership, Business Development and Fan Engagement teams to develop and deliver sustainability programmes and initiatives that support the delivery of McLaren Racing’s sustainability goals, using our platform to educate, raise awareness, drive action and behaviour change with partners and fans and leave a lasting positive legacy in the locations that we race.
- Lead the development of a commercial framework for McLaren sustainability partnerships in collaboration with the partnerships and business development teams
- Work with the business development team to identify and engage with partner prospects to support the delivery of McLaren’s sustainability objectives
- Lead delivery of selected existing partner sustainability agreements in collaboration with the partner management team
- Drive meaningful sustainability change by developing and managing delivery of partner activations, hospitality experiences and events and supporting external messaging of these initiatives
- Work with the Fan Engagement team and other relevant external stakeholders to research and implement fan sustainability education and behaviour change programmes
- Support the development and delivery of a strategy to leave a lasting positive legacy at the locations where we operate and race through partner and fan activations
- Lead work with the McLaren Accelerator team to develop and deliver of the sustainability aspects of McLaren Accelerator projects
- Reports to the Director of Sustainability
- People management and proactively support the work delivery, skills and career development of the Senior Specialist for Partner and Fan Engagement and any researchers / interns
Desired experience, skills & behaviours
- Experience of developing and delivering commercial and charitable partner and fan/public sustainability activations with tangible sustainability outcomes
- Experience of developing sustainability partnership commercial frameworks
- Experience of developing, delivering and gaining recognition for sustainability education and behaviour change programmes and events (ideally using ISO20121)
- Data-driven change agent with ability to effectively communicate the case for and impact of programmes / initiatives in a way that is meaningful to and engaging for different audiences
- Strong understanding of sustainability issues and solutions, particularly in relation to the McLaren Racing four pillars of net zero, circular economy, diversity, equality & inclusion and health & well-being
- Systems thinker, who drives creative, innovative, yet practical, implementable solutions to problems. Ideally a track record of piloting new ideas and approaches
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships with partners and external networks
- Highly organised self-starter, able to manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects/ initiatives
- Collaborative and cooperative team player, equally willing and able to drive own projects whilst working with other team members as needed
- Excellent people manager
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.