Licensing Manager, Core Lines
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
In this role you will deliver the day to day management and operational fulfilment of key Apparel, Headwear Footwear Licensees and eCommerce partner within the McLaren Racing Licensing portfolio.
You will be required to proactively drive the licensing and ecommerce program forward across all aspects of our licensees contractual terms enabling them to leverage their relationship with McLaren to deliver maximum return and revenue growth to the business.
Working within the fast-paced world of professional sport the team is dynamic, proactive and you will need to be comfortable working in the grey. Establishing excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships with clear communication is critical to our success.
You’ll join the Licensing and Merchandise reporting to the Head of Licensing, Core Lines. You will have one direct report, Licensing Executive, and should be a support and guide to the Licensing Specialist based in US.
While you’ll have a focus on core lines, you’ll also collaborate with those working on other categories and cross Group with our Automotive colleagues to drive innovation, learning, sustainable integration and broader development.
You will work extremely closely with all other areas of Marketing to deliver comprehensive licensing programs to market including Brand, Creative, Fan Engagement and Comms.
Building and maintaining excellent, collaborative, working relationships wi8th colleagues, partners, key stakeholders and suppliers is key.
- Manage commercial licensing partners and programs that fall within core lines – team kit, replica apparel, mononbrand fanwear, ecommerce, footwear, headwear amongst others critical to race teams and core business
- Develop a deep understanding of partner’s business strategies, objectives, target growth markets, competitors and KPI’s / metrics that resonate when evaluating success
- Develop a deep understanding of McLaren’s Fanbase segments as a basis for product and marketing targeting and growth opportunities
- Manage day to day ecommerce partner licensee from a consumer product perspective assisting with asset creation for the site, product launches, product imagery briefing, and bringing in the appropriate partners in the Digital team to work with
- Commercially minded creating and converting commercial and brand opportunities
- Deliver best in class project management, and reporting
- Manage relationship and process for design, development and production reviews, sign offs and onward process bringing a myriad of stakeholders into the mix
- Establish and deliver go to market process and launches encompassing fully integrated, multi channel, marketing campaigns.
- Oversee Finance and royalty reporting, sales and forecasting against license accounts
- Ability to work across and with various departments within McLaren Racing, and across the McLaren Group liaising with various internal and external stakeholders including all race series trackside vendors, driver teams, etc.
- Manage 1 full time direct report and temporary support to deliver programme
- Work closely with an ecommerce specialist and the digital team to optimize return from the licensed ecommerce product
- Build internal reputation and knowledge of the wider business
- Succinctly and clearly communicate requirements, timelines, process to wider business to facilitate core line program
- Always operate with our core values in mind – Pride; Bravery; Ingenuity; Openness; Humility
- Work closely with other members of the team to deliver monthly reporting and communications to Partners
- Assist colleagues within the Licensing and Merchandise team with collective tasks and administration or additional duties as required
- Support in development of sales materials, meeting materials, and strategy documents as required
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- Proven experience across account management, brand extensions
- A broad knowledge of go to market strategy and marketing principles
- Experience of building and executing ecommerce marketing tactics and campaigns across social and digital channels, influencer programs and reach beyond own channels
- Ability to on board new licensees and manage process from briefing through to seasonal reporting
- Previous experience in working with and managing agencies and suppliers
- Knowledge of, and passion for licensing, product, marketing and sports entertainment
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage critical paths and projects on time
- A recognition of the high standards representative of the McLaren Brand.
- Competencies required: Strategic; Commercial: Collaborative; Creative thinking; Leadership; Organisation; Influencing others
- Presentation skills (both writing and delivery), internally and to partners / suppliers
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. MS Office suite)
- Fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages would be an advantage)
- Results – you are motivated and driven; you come with an outstanding work ethic and always strive for the best
- Credible – you know your stuff when it comes to multi-channel marketing, and have gravitas, acting as a role model for the McLaren values
- Strategic – you provide clear strategy, vision and direction for the business
- Challenges – you challenge others to strive for more, both in innovation and meeting stakeholder needs
- Leads – you strive in and lead an innovative culture by empowering and developing others around you
- Ownership – you understand the impact of leadership behaviour on the business and demonstrates behaviours that support a high-performance culture within and across teams
- Manages relationships – you can clearly describe and address the needs of internal and/ or external stakeholders that they work with.
- Change – you're a champion for change, clearly communicating the vision and purpose for change and supporting the business to adapt
- Collaboration – you engage in partnerships, networks and alliances to support long term success and engages in partnerships for decision making to support the best interests of the business, as well as using them to develop your own knowledge and understanding
- Engagement – you value and champion a culture that motivates and inspires people, sharing your own experiences but also learning from others'
- Driven – you've a successful track record of getting things done
- Presenter – as one of the initial and key faces of McLaren to the business, clients and the marketplace, you'll need to be an effective and persuasive presenter
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.