Manager, esports and Gaming
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
At McLaren Racing, our Fearless Pursuit of Better reaches into every part of our business. From finance to marketing to HR. We believe performance is all about creating an environment where everyone can thrive - we’re not just here to deliver results on the track.
We’re building the kind of place where you’ll be encouraged to step outside of your comfort zone. To try something different. To discover a new path. To begin a new journey. Whoever you are, wherever you work, and whatever your role.
This is what it really means to be fearless.
This role is a key position within the esports and gaming team; you will be a central liaison between various internal departments, and the majority of third-party suppliers / partners in the delivery of all aspects of our core esports and gaming platforms under the brand name, McLaren Shadow.
This role will report into the Head of esports and gaming within McLaren Racing and be located within our global headquarters in Woking, UK. While we operate a hybrid work environment, there is an expectation that this individual is in the office weekly.
There will be one direct report and a temporary intern for this individual. This function reports into the Director of Licensing, ecommerce, esports and gaming and the department is seen as a high growth area for both brand and revenue return within McLaren Racing.
You’ll spend your time:
- Project Management: manage the development and delivery of key projects and programs. This will include, but is not limited to relationship management, information organization, management of content production/ creation, communications with partners and internal departments, and events development and organization. Key platforms included in responsibilities;
- Logitech McLaren G Challenge – a JV with Logitech focused on grassroots SIM racing
- F1 esports – our competitive team in SIM racing managed by a third party
- McLaren Shadow channels – managing content strategy and deployment across all Shadow channels in partnership with rest of McLaren business
- McLaren Shadow talent – management of key personnel and key creator relationships establishing the right leveraging programs to utilize key players/ creators
- Publisher activities – working with licensing team to manage commercial publisher relationships to maximize impact on Shadow business and channels
- Gaming integration – weave casual game play, and popular game activities into core platforms to develop audience and channels
- Partnership Management: Lead role in managing the McLaren Shadow partner roster comprised of commercial partners, strategic partners and suppliers. Work with each entity in conjunction with relevant internal departments to ensure best in class partner servicing is offered within platform to optimize business and partner impact. Ensure suppliers and partners deliver brand led activities which remain true to the McLaren Shadow community and esports/ gaming audience(s).
- Strategic Thinking: Support the Head of esports and Gaming and the Director of Licensing, ecommerce, esports and Gaming, in developing new ideas and ways to build McLaren Shadow brand into a lifestyle and gaming brand while remaining true to the community and SIM racing audience.
- Budget Management: develop and manage the annual budget – cost and revenue side - working closely with Finance team and partnership development/ partner management.
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- Passion for SIM racing and/or gaming / esports with experience working in space
- Highly organized project manager – keeping the big picture in mind whilst sweating the detail
- Proven experience of managing budgets and programs end to end
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders to deliver a common goal
- Excellent communication skills, and eye for detail consistent with the McLaren brand ethos
- Commercially astute; committed to understanding and supporting the commercial imperatives of McLaren and its Partners
- Creative thinker
- Collaborative and likes working within a team
- Being a gamer is a plus
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.
Be fearless - apply now
McLaren Racing is the kind of place where everyone is encouraged to try something different, to discover new paths, to begin new journeys. To think fearlessly. To work fearlessly. To disrupt fearlessly.
Our race for performance has only just started. And we won’t ever stop pushing for more.