Manager, esports Operations
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
This role is a critical position driving the esports operations agenda in support of the primary partner of McLaren Shadow esports. This individual will run an end to end series of tournaments / events / activations in support of McLaren Shadow esports Primary Partner which will be both virtual and physically executed in the Middle East. The tournaments will be focused on engaging a wide array of young people in Saudi Arabia delivering against an accelerating performance and human progress agenda supported by the Primary partner.
This role will report into the Head of Gaming and esports and sit alongside the other two members of the Gaming and esports team. The role with either be located within our global headquarters in Woking, UK or in Neom, Saudi Arabia. There will be a requirement to travel internationally roughly 30% of the time.
Project/ Tournament Management
- Define requirements for on the ground tournaments/ activities alongside primary partner
- Run a robust RFP process to identify the right partner(s)/ operator(s) to assist in managing Primary partner requirements
- Assign operators and agencies to manage activations for Primary Partner
- Manage the third party(ies) who will execute all on the ground tournaments to support the Primary Partner relationship.
- Work with third parties to execute all elements of on the ground esports activities which can include anything from Academy small level bootcamps to broadcast level tournaments at a scale of 10K attendees
- Coordinate all relevant internal stakeholders aligning them around the activities being executed with the primary partner
- Be a key liaison in the Primary Partner conversations to manage the esports / gaming side of the activity
- Work closely with Partnership team to manage execution of all contracted elements of the NEOM relationship as it pertains to gaming and esports
- Build rapport and relationships with key stakeholders within the Primary partner’s business to ensure you can deliver a best in class level f service against the partnership
- Demonstrate commercial acumen in driving new commercial opportunities / arrangements within the gaming and esports side of the Primary partner scope
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- Passionate for SIM racing and/ or gaming / esports with experience working in space
- Highly organized project manager – keeping the big picture in mind whilst understanding the appropriate level of detail
- Proven experience of managing budgets, partners, and programs end to end
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders to deliver a common goal
- Excellent communication skills and ability to being multiple stakeholders along a journey
- Strategic thinker with big ideas and ability to break them down into actionable next steps plans
- Commercially astute; committed to understanding and supporting the commercial imperatives of McLaren and its Partners
- Creative thinker
- Collaborative and likes working within a team
- Passionate gamer / SIM racer
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.