Manager, Licensing and eCommerce
Purpose of the Role:
Deliver the day to day management and operational fulfilment of key Licensees and eCommerce within the Formula 1 Racing Licensing portfolio. The Licensing and eCommerce Manager will be required to proactively drive the licensing and ecommerce programme forward across all aspects of their contractual terms enabling licensees to leverage their relationship with McLaren to deliver maximum return and revenue growth to the business.
Reports to Head of Licensing & Merchandise and is based in the UK in Woking,
Focus primarily on key strategic licensing accounts and ecommerce, supporting the Head of Licensing
Some international travel is required.
- Manage commercial licensing partners and programmes
- Support the team, and where applicable, take the lead for own designated accounts, in developing and maintaining relationships with the global stakeholders within the partner company
- Develop a deep understanding of partner’s business strategies, objectives, target growth markets, competitors and KPI’s / metrics that resonate when evaluating success
- Develop a deep understanding of McLaren’s Fanbase segments as a basis for product and marketing targeting and growth opportunities
- Support in developing and fulfilling licensee business plans (strategy, 360 activation, engagement and measurement) to ensure there is a clear framework for success
- Manage day to day strategic ecommerce partner licensee relationship, implementing best practices across product, process, multi-channel marketing and reporting working closely with Digital and CRM team
- Partner with relevant McLaren Racing departments to manage and deliver all day to day aspects of the accounts
- Manage relationship and process for design, development and production reviews, sign offs and onward process
- Establish and deliver go to market process and launches encompassing fully integrated, multi channel, marketing campaigns .
- Commercially minded to create and convert commercial and brand opportunities
- Identify market and partnership opportunities for business growth and initiatives that could strengthen the value of the partnership.
- Deliver best in class project management, and reporting
- Oversee Finance and royalty reporting, sales and forecasting against license accounts
- Ability to work across and with various departments within McLaren Racing, and across the McLaren Group
- Support in the delivery and establishment of regular partner reporting procedures internally and externally to track delivery of partner KPIs
- Develop personal credibility by behaving with humility and in a confident manner
- Build internal reputation and knowledge of the wider business
- Always operate with our core values in mind – Pride; Bravery; Ingenuity; Openness; Humility
- Work closely with other members of the team to deliver monthly reporting and communications to Partners
- Assist colleagues within the Licensing and Merchandise team with collective tasks and administration or additional duties as required
- Support in development of sales materials, meeting materials, and strategy documents as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience across account management, brand extensions
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of go to market strategy and marketing principles
- Experience of building and executing ecommerce marketing tactics and campaigns across social and digital channels, influencer programmes and reach beyond own channels
- Ability to on board new licensees and manage process from briefing through to seasonal reporting
- Previous experience in working with and managing agencies and suppliers
- Knowledge of, and passion for licensing, product, marketing and sports entertainment
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage critical paths and projects on time
- A recognition of the high standards representative of the McLaren Brand.
- Competencies required: Strategic; Commercial: Collaborative; Creative thinking; Leadership; Organisation; Influencing others
- Presentation skills (both writing and delivery), internally and to partners / suppliers
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. MS Office suite)
- Fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages would be an advantage)
- Results – you are motivated and driven; you come with an outstanding work ethic and always strive for the best
- Credible – you know your stuff when it comes to multi-channel marketing, and have gravitas, acting as a role model for the McLaren values
- Strategic – you provide clear strategy, vision and direction for the business
- Challenges – you challenge others to strive for more, both in innovation and meeting stakeholder needs
- Leads – you strive in and lead an innovative culture by empowering and developing others around you
- Ownership – you understand the impact of leadership behaviour on the business and demonstrates behaviours that support a high-performance culture within and across teams
- Manages relationships – you can clearly describe and address the needs of internal and/ or external stakeholders that they work with.
- Change – you're a champion for change, clearly communicating the vision and purpose for change and supporting the business to adapt
- Collaboration – you engage in partnerships, networks and alliances to support long term success and engages in partnerships for decision making to support the best interests of the business, as well as using them to develop your own knowledge and understanding
- Engagement – you value and champion a culture that motivates and inspires people, sharing your own experiences but also learning from others'
- Driven – you've a successful track record of getting things done
- Presenter – as one of the initial and key faces of McLaren to the business, clients and the marketplace, you'll need to be an effective and persuasive presenter