United States, Indiana, indianapolisIndyCar
Arrow McLaren SP is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren SP is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar Crew Chief in our Indianapolis location, this position encompasses responsibilities described below.
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on succeeding on the track? If so, Arrow McLaren SP does not compromise on the quality and innovation that go into our cars.
As a Mechanic, you will join a passionate crew that will service and maintain our IndyCar for a high-performance, high-speed experience on the track. The right candidate will have a motorsport maintenance background, preferably with IndyCar (ideal), and will be self-motivated and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will work creatively in a team atmosphere while adhering to tight deadlines and remaining calm in high pressure situations.
This is a salaried full-time position, with medical, dental, and vision benefits. Many of the meals on the road are provided, to include a daily per diem.
- Perform chassis set ups, engine changes, crack check components, rebuild components, maintenance of the fuel cell
- Adhere to the life cycle of all components
- Make sure the car is consistently operating at the maximum mechanical performance and reliability
- May participate in pit stop crew
- Maintain facility and track cleanliness and upkeep of equipment and area
- Other duties as assigned by the Crew Chief
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer 2+ years of experience as a mechanic
- Motorsport industry background ideal but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to lift and move items that are up to 60 lbs
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Attention to detail, organized, and proven experience to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Professional yet friendly personality required to interact with all team members and visitors
- Travel requirements include up to 17 race weekends as well as travel for testing over the year
AMSP is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.