Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure conforming composite, metallic or tooling parts are released from inspection to their next operation, be that manufacture operation or build task.
The measurement of parts using any and all methods within McLaren Racing inspection capability, in order to deliver three core accountabilities:
- The measurement of all required features of final race car parts prior to release to build.
- The measurement of all required features of sub-components prior to release to their next operation.
- The measurement of all required features of tooling parts prior to release to their next operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A fully indentured engineering background in precision engineering or similar industry.
- Experience working within an inspection department using modern and conventional technology to measure precision components.
- Experience using PCDIMIS, Dassault Systems, VX Elements, GOM Inspect, Faro/Power Inspect would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of GD&T is required.
- Exemplary attention to detail is a must.
- Fully computer literate, including use of an MRP system.
- Must be focused and able to work in a methodical manner, even when working under pressure.
- Conscientious approach to workload with flexibility in working hours and tasks undertaken.
- Must have the ability to work either alone or as part of a team.
- Driven, self-motivated and extremely pro-active – takes opportunity to use own initiative.
- Earns respect of team-members by their own actions
- Determined – results focused, driven to achieve a successful outcome
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.