Mechanical Inspector - Nightshift
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
Purpose of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our inspection night-shift team within the quality control department. Working with the latest metrology technology and tools, the successful candidate will play a leading role in ensuring that new and in-service components are delivered to the race track to the highest conforming standard to enhance the safety of our drivers and optimise car performance.
The measurement of parts using any and all methods within McLaren Racing inspection capability, in order to deliver three core accountabilities:
- The measurement of all required features of final race car parts prior to release to build.
- The measurement of all required features of sub-components prior to release to their next operation.
- The measurement of all required features of tooling parts prior to release to their next operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A fully indentured engineering background in precision engineering or similar industry.
- Experience working within an inspection department using modern and conventional technology to measure precision components.
- Experience using PCDIMIS, Dassault Systems, VX Elements, GOM Inspect, Faro/Power Inspect would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of GD&T is required.
- Exemplary attention to detail is a must.
- Fully computer literate, including use of an MRP system.
- Must be focused and able to work in a methodical manner, even when working under pressure.
- Conscientious approach to workload with flexibility in working hours and tasks undertaken.
- Must have the ability to work either alone or as part of a team.
- Driven, self-motivated and extremely pro-active – takes opportunity to use own initiative.
- Earns respect of team-members by their own actions
- Determined – results focused, driven to achieve a successful outcome
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement, and support this with a pro-active approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.