United Kingdom, England, WokingCommercial
To inspire, support and produce outstanding motion creative in response to design briefs and stakeholder requirements across the McLaren Electric Racing series. Develop and deliver challenging design approaches that build equity in the McLaren Racing brand, supporting the progression of our
Electric Racing series through creative & motion design while continuing to enhance the reputation of the McLaren Brand Creative Studio.
This is a role for a developing and curious creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. As a Specialist, you should be proactive and motivated, continually curious to explore motion design trends and look for exciting creative opportunity. Able to support with the delivery of motion design to the highest standard while delivering against hard deadlines. They can generate motion graphic content, including social media, websites, and mobile apps while supporting with the creation of succinct presentations.
This individual will be able to apply the McLaren brand principles to their work and ensures that best-in-class design is integrated with seamless cohesion.
- Championing and showcasing the McLaren brand through close collaboration with team members and the Social Digital team.
Design striking and engaging creative for a variety of uses: motion graphics, brand campaigns, social media graphics, websites, product graphics, events and environments
- Collaborate, aligning and working seamlessly with other areas of the Brand Creative Studio, Social Media and Marketing
- Enhancing the value of McLaren Electric Racing with its partners through informed and superbly executed creative responses.
Deliver against critical deadlines and with budget considerations, you'll need to keep up to date on current design trends and production techniques, and continually bring fresh, challenging ideas to our Brand Creative studio. We are also keen for creatives to share knowledge and experience, and in doing so, we encourage an open and creative environment for all.
You'll apply our brand principles and values to your work, and ensure that best-in-class design is applied to our integrated digital, traditional media and Racing livery collateral.
You'll need to be flexible in your working hours and, on occasion, be able to travel.
This role reports to the Head of Digital, working closely with the Senior Specialist, Motion Design
- Ability to interpret stakeholder briefs and respond with creative concepts of the highest standard, using our brand standards and wider best practice to inform your process and thinking.
- The creation of animation storyboards.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Working with design colleagues, senior creatives, and strategy to understand scope
and objectives for workstreams
- Support, prepare and orientate initial conceptual directions for Senior Specialists, Motion Design and the Head of Digital in response to stakeholder briefs
- Keeping abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in production design and popular music to deliver cutting edge work.
- To support and influence outstanding, cross-media creative to briefs that contribute to the ongoing development of our brand and touchpoints.
- Maintain exceptional quality control, creating engaging and exciting animations for a diverse array of media
- Encoding, converting, and editing
- Stakeholder Management – being able to interpret briefs and projects from stakeholders and line managers. To prioritise tasks, consider budget constraints and critical timelines.
- Organisation and Collaboration – excellent time-management skills ensuring timely delivery against critical paths throughout the year. Being organised, contributing to the planning and output of the studio. Working with fellow Brand & Creative team members. Reporting to, and collaborating with the Head of Digital and Senior Specialists, Motion Design
- Ensure deadlines and project timelines are met.
- Communication – Head of Digital and immediate team informed of design-related issues.
Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience as a middle weight motion designer either for an agency or brand.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly motion design-related software ie After Effects, Media Encoder, Premier Pro, Photoshop).
- Secondary software knowledge Cinema 4D, Renderer – Arnold/Octane.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of current design and motion graphic trends.
- Proven ability in offering a multi-skilled response to creative digital briefs.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present creative concepts in response to briefs.
- Continual proactive learning of new technologies, software and industry innovations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with studio creatives .
- Results – someone with an outstanding work ethic, driven by excellence with an expectation of delivering the best work possible.
- Collaborative – works collaboratively and engages in project teams, networks and alliances.
- Self-motivated – a track record of getting things done in challenging circumstances.
- Organised - the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and to escalate where necessary.
- Communication – a clear, concise and engaging communicator that is able to articulate creative thinking and implement it. To be able to listen and understand the needs of the business, stakeholder or outcome.
- Creative – imaginative, inquisitive, challenging convention and thinking intuitively and creatively.
Attention to detail – able to identify design or contextual flaws, and to remedy these with an exacting standard.