Operative, Car Assembly Technician
United Kingdom, , WokingF1 - Operations
Purpose of the Role:
To participate in the Build and Assembly of Formula One cars, often working across multiple, cross resource functions in order to build car Sub- Assemblies, Individual main car components, transmission assemblies and associated support equipment both at and away from McLaren Technology Centre.
- The build and preparation of Formula One cars, transmission assemblies, sub-assemblies and support equipment.
- Building to exacting McLaren standards and feeding directly into the Race Team.
- Always ensuring tasks are completed to a very high standard, often to tight deadlines and in a pressurised environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a highly technical engineering function
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings
- Previous Experience of working in a motorsport Team Environment and evidence of understanding of engineering functions
- Previous experience of working with composite materials
- Previous experience of Reliability and fault reporting
- Previous experience of Race car build, including trackside exposure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and digital systems to drive process improvements regards digital build and lifing management.
- Must be able to proactively use initiative where appropriate
- Highly self-motivated to achieve targets set both for this role and the wider team
- A team player who is supportive of others
- Determined, results focused and driven to achieve a successful outcome
- Eager to learn and enthusiastic
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.