Laminating Technician - Day Shift
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
To produce composite laminated components to a high standard and to tight deadlines, for use on the current and future MCL Cars
- Production of F1 car components on current and future MCL Cars
- Laminating components
- Mould preparation, manufacture and maintenance
- Vacuum bagging of components
- Operation of autoclaves
- Work in a safe manner and to prescribed process
- Provide support to other teams as work load dictates
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Skilled laminator – previous experience in motorsport (especially F1) or aerospace is preferable
- Proactive, self-motivated and uses initiative, looks for the next task and offers solutions to problems
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills – uses accurate and clear communication and demonstrates when information is understood
- Consistently strives for excellence in quality, performance and output
- Has a positive approach to situations
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focussed, driven to do the very best possible
What McLaren can offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing Composites (MRC) is based at the McLaren Racing Composites Facility in Woking Business Park. This is a new state-of-the-art production centre with the latest in CNC machines and autoclave technology, an open plan office, gym and quiet room. The site is situated on the canal for easy walking and cycling commutes as well as local amenities within walking distance.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.