People Advisor - Manufacturing
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingPeople Team
Winning takes on many different forms. It’s not just about being the first to take the chequered flag. It’s about exciting our fans, inspiring our people and delivering for our partners. And it’s about evolving our sport, our industry, our technology.
Right now, we’re on a journey to becoming a World Championship contending race team in every series we enter - from F1 to Indy Car, Extreme E and eSports. And we’re getting there by building a world class place to work. That means taking a brand new approach to our People & Culture team too. Winning on track means finding the best talent. Making sure they are engaged and motivated by our vision and have everything they need to perform at their best. Inspiring them to push the limits of what’s possible, wherever you see our name around the globe.
We call it being fearless. And that’s what our Fearless Pursuit of Better is really all about.
In this brand new role, you’ll deliver a first class HR service across our business. We’re developing a progressive people agenda, and you’ll support it with long-term business plans and innovative solutions that create unrivalled employee experiences.
You’ll also be the first point of call for team members and manager who need tailored advice. And we’ll look to you to build and foster strong working relationships within every team you support.
You’ll collaborate across our wider People & Culture team, and work closely with team leaders, managers and senior managers. Most of all, you’ll be part of an agile team that thrives on working at pace. And you’ll discover a real commitment to rolling up our sleeves and getting things done.
We have adopted hybrid working across the team, but flexibility to work hours will be required to meet the operational demands of the teams you support.
You’ll spend your time:
Operational HR Support
- Acting as the first point of contact for employee relations matters including sickness, absence and OH referrals – you'll also be the escalation point for the People Administration team
- Working with the Talent Attraction team to advise and support managers on recruitment policy, process, interviews and selection
- Working closely with Managers and People Partners to implement organisational design requirements, including proactive management and administration of T&C changes, 3-year contracts and contractors.
- Working closely with managers to build and deliver robust talent and succession processes
- Supporting the growth of early careers programmes, working with the Early Careers team and managers to deliver successful and engaging campaigns for Graduates, Apprenticeships, Internships, Work Experience and STEM events.
- Supporting the roll out of learning and development solutions
- Supporting the bi-annual Pulse Survey reviews, ensuring a collaborative approach with managers and leaders on the communication of results and action planning
- Supporting the annual reward process - salary review, bonus and benefits.
- Conducting Exit interviews, regularly review data, report on trends and advise managers on implementation of solutions
- Managing parental leave policies and requests
- Managing relevant HRIS data and reporting to support people strategy, spotting trends to assist with decision making
- Managing HRIS data, ensuring it’s reflective of org structure and working closely with Finance to ensure budget alignment.
- Updating and enhancing our people policies, ensuring fit for purpose across all functions
Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Promoting a service mindset and partnership approach to building and maintaining excellent working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Influencing key stakeholders to gain buy-in and support to new ways of working, alternative solutions and key projects.
- Understanding customer needs and adapting an agile approach to deliver advice, initiatives and projects as appropriate to your area.
- Communicating across multiple stakeholder groups and channels with the ability to present and deliver compelling messages
- Working with the People Experience team to support the development and delivery of the People Strategy
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- Previous HR advisory experience and an extensive knowledge of employee relations and case management
- Ideally some experience of working with a HRIS and related employee platforms
- To be CIPD qualified, or have equivalent high-level experience
- A background in managing change and delivering key projects
- An ability to build strong relationships and great stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and decision making skills
- An interest and ability to generate and use data
- To be able to prioritise a demanding workload
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- An intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- A track record of getting things done
Be fearless - apply now
McLaren Racing is the kind of place where everyone is encouraged to try something different, to discover new paths, to begin new journeys. To think fearlessly. To work fearlessly. To disrupt fearlessly.
Our race for performance has only just started. And we won’t ever stop pushing for more.