Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
Purpose of the Role:
To manage a project portfolio of race car parts within in-house work centres under the guidance from a Project Manager.
- Detailed planning and task management including loading of production routings and work orders
- Reconciliation and management of demand in support of race, test and development programmes
- Capacity planning in support of the make v buy strategy
- Involved in the decision-making process to manufacture in-house or sub-contract in order to achieve requirement dates in the most risk managed and cost-effective manner
- Liaison within the supply chain to support project delivery (in some instances this will involve the creation of purchase orders)
- Ownership and Management of a project portfolio of work to ensure all your work is on plan and progressing through all operations as required
- Work with the Quality team to ensure project risks are mitigated ahead of launch and all work is being managed within processes outlined
- Deliver programmes within the Key Performance Indicator targets
- Provide support to other teams as work load dictates
- Any other tasks as required by the Company
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in related discipline or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the commercial side of low volume small batch manufacture
- Experience in a similar position within a high-precision manufacturing environment (ideally metallics and composites)
- Experience of continuous improvement techniques would be a distinct advantage
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.