Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
Purpose of the Role:
To manage a project portfolio of race car parts within in-house work centres under the guidance from a Project Manager.
- Detailed planning and task management including loading of production routings and work orders
- Reconciliation and management of demand in support of race, test and development programmes
- Capacity planning in support of the make v buy strategy
- Involved in the decision-making process to manufacture in-house or sub-contract in order to achieve requirement dates in the most risk managed and cost-effective manner
- Liaison within the supply chain to support project delivery (in some instances this will involve the creation of purchase orders)
- Ownership and Management of a project portfolio of work to ensure all your work is on plan and progressing through all operations as required
- Work with the Quality team to ensure project risks are mitigated ahead of launch and all work is being managed within processes outlined
- Deliver programmes within the Key Performance Indicator targets
- Provide support to other teams as work load dictates
- Any other tasks as required by the Company
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in related discipline or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the commercial side of low volume small batch manufacture
- Experience in a similar position within a high-precision manufacturing environment (ideally metallics and composites)
- Experience of continuous improvement techniques would be a distinct advantage
What McLaren can offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.