Our aim is to develop the best Aerodynamics department in F1. We are looking for a talented engineer to join us in achieving that aim and support the development of current and future championship challengers. This role’s primary focus is on delivering aerodynamic performance to the race car through analysis of CFD, wind tunnel and track data, and by innovating throughout the design and development process.
This would ideally suit an experienced senior F1 aerodynamics professional, however we are also happy to consider an Aerodynamicist that is looking for career progression. In return, we will provide an excellent salary, a new bonus scheme, private medical and hybrid working amongst other attractive benefits.
- Sits within an Aerodynamics development group, reporting to a Principal Aerodynamicist and guided by an Aerodynamics Project Leader.
- Some flexibility in working hours is required (some evenings and weekends), however we will allow flexibility in working location to support this.
- Some travel to the Wind Tunnel as per agreed rotation
- Develop aerodynamic ideas and solutions for the racing car that deliver on-track performance.
- Effective management and delivery of your own projects through the design, CFD and wind tunnel test process, according to deadlines and the requirements of the programme.
- This will include creating your own CAD geometries, submitting CFD cases, and defining and implementing wind tunnel tests.
- Summarise results and directions, collaborating with all stakeholders. Collect input, propose directions and lead the implementation of agreed actions.
- Continue to build an understanding of aerodynamic structures and behaviours around the car. Contribute to collaborative discussions and efforts to improve whole-car performance, offering ideas and taking on board feedback from others.
- Responsible for developing the less experienced members of the team and making significant contribution to raising the level of aerodynamic understanding within the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A Degree in engineering that incorporates either aerodynamics or fluid mechanics.
- Experience in F1 Aerodynamics with particularly sound knowledge of the F1 wind tunnel testing environment and use of CFD, and excellent knowledge of flow physics around an F1 car.
- Good data analysis skills
- Good CAD design skills
- Experience of planning and organising aero projects to pre-agreed targets, working collaboratively with other team members.
- A team player but with the initiative to make own decisions and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good skills in effective communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an analytical approach, with attention to detail.
- Aptitude to learn from, and share knowledge with, with others.
- Flexible approach to working hours and willing to travel abroad.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.