Senior Specialist, CAD Systems
Woking, England, United KingdomIT
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
Working across the Technical Design and Operational functions, this role works towards ensuring that McLaren Racing is at the forefront of the design and engineering processes.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that the maximum amount of time is dedicated to design development and the minimum to non productive or nugatory activities.
Woking based. Occasional travel required. Standard working hours but flexibility to work additional hours as and when required.
Day to day support to design and engineering functions including;
- Contribute and support the Digital Transformation strategy.
- Assist in the planning of the PLM teams tasks.
- Lead and report on project deliverables, work packages and statements of work.
- Drive improvement and innovation throughout our PLM and CAD systems and toolsets.
- Be a point of contact for developing and prioritising all change requests, system alterations and customisations.
- Provide ongoing user support, resolving systems issues and liaise with software vendors.
- Review, contribute and sign off CAD methodologies and best practice documentation.
- Manage the quality of our PLM data, including ensuring data accuracy.
- Play a leading role in the technical rollout of future system and process enhancements.
- Contribute to our PLM and CAD system configuration based on business requirements and industry best-practice.
- Execute data mining, analysis and reporting in support of our Engineering functions.
- Support all Racing business departments in relation to PLM and CAD processes as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Dassault Systems 3DExperience knowledge.
- Significant experience of CATIA with solid experience of primary and advanced CAD modelling workbenches.
- Sound understanding of Design Office best practices and procedures for product design.
- Strong understanding of the use of PLM/PDM software and best practices.
- Good understanding of BoM structures and BoM management.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Have led a team in a technical, software based environment.
- Leadership experience.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive, and agile approach to complex tasks management.
- Aerodynamic surfacing, mechanical and composite design knowledge.
- FEA knowledge.
- Customer support experience.
- Able to operate effectively at all levels, leading projects or teams and the deliverables.
- A team member who commands respect, uses their initiative and can influence others.
- Good communicator, able to listen, express and articulate information effectively, in a professional manner always.
- Conveys ideas and information in a clear and concise format, in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and change priorities based on revised business requirements.
- Able to demonstrate sound time and priority management, taking corrective action and building in contingencies as necessary.
- Able to scope a project, identify research requirements and the critical success factors by which the outcome will be measured.
- Creates and encourages new and imaginative approaches to work where this does not incur risk or adverse effect on budgetary constraint.
- Takes the initiative and accepts responsibility for managing his/her own professional, skill and personal development.
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.