Senior Coordinator, Travel - 12 month FTC
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Racing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join McLaren Racing’s Travel department on a 12-month FTC basis, working with a team of highly skilled Senior Travel Coordinators arranging all the travel requirements for the F1 team attending Grand Prix across the season. This will involve tasks such as itinerary creation via the McLaren F1 Travel App, booking and amendments to flights, hotels, car rental, transfers, and any visa requirements. This is a busy and rewarding role that will allow you to develop and grow within a friendly motivated team.
- Assisting the coordination and management of group flights for all Race Operations
- Primary accountability for all F1 hotel contracts, whether it be working with hotels directly or suppliers.
- Booking of flights via Sabre GDS
- Working as part of a team to plan all flights, hotels, car rental and transfers for over 100 people attending 20+ F1 events each year, to include the wider Race Team, Drivers and support team, Team Management and Catering Team.
- Coordination of all published flight tickets for all travellers outside of the group bookings.
- Assist with the Coordination of travel arrangements for Truck Drivers for all European Grand Prix.
- Assisting with F1 Visa application preparations
- Producing accurate travel itineraries via the McLaren F1 Travel app
- Assisting with the occasional Business travel request within the F1 cost cap
- Post-event invoicing and reconciliation
- Maintain accurate passport, driving licence and personal information records.
- Assisting with Driver, Shareholders and Executive travel
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone from an events/travel background who can demonstrate experience in some or all the following:
- Experience using Sabre GDS is essential
- Experience in hotel contract negotiations, rooming list set up and management
- Working on events/travel for large numbers of people at once
- Group or published fare flights
- Group hotel bookings and rooming lists
- Group and or individual car rental
- Accurate creation and maintenance of itineraries for multiple events
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft packages
- Ability to multi-task when working on multiple events at once
- Can prioritise workload when under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong professional communication skills
- Attention to detail essential
- Proactive and flexible in the approach to work
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team
- A keen interest for travel or events
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part. We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
Hybrid working patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.