Senior Creative Designer
United Kingdom, , WokingMarketing
To inspire and produce outstanding creative in response to design briefs and stakeholder requirements across the McLaren Electric Racing series. Develop and deliver challenging strategic brand concepts that build equity in the McLaren Racing brand, supporting the progression of our
Electric Racing series through creative & design while continuing to enhance the reputation of the McLaren Brand Creative Studio.
This is a role for an enthusiastic creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. As a Senior Specialist, you should be proactive and motivated, continually curious to explore design trends and look for creative opportunity for our brand. Able to deliver conceptual work to the highest standard, deliver against budgets and hard deadlines. They can oversee the work of junior designers and contractors in the Brand Creative team while continuing to nurture talent. They can put together succinct creative presentations, from concept to design, with a knowledge of progressive and sustainable production techniques.
This individual will be able to apply the McLaren brand principles to their work and ensures that best-in-class design is integrated with seamless cohesion.
- Championing and showcasing the McLaren Electric Racing brand through close collaboration throughout the Marketing department
Design progressive and category disruptive creative solutions for application across print, digital and environment, deployed across and variety of Electric Racing assets, such as campaigns, social, product, events, interiors, photography, and motion
- Advocate collaboration, aligning and working seamlessly with other areas of the Brand Creative Studio, Marketing and McLaren Racing
- Enhancing the value of McLaren Electric Racing with its partners through informed and superbly executed creative responses.
Deliver against critical deadlines and with budget considerations, you'll need to keep up to date on current design trends and production techniques, and continually bring fresh, challenging ideas to our Brand Creative studio and Electric Racing Series. We are also keen for creatives to share knowledge and experience, and in doing so, encourage and support junior members of our team.
You will apply our brand principles and values to your work, ensuring that best-in-class design is applied to all McLaren Electric Racing collateral.
You'll need to be flexible in your working hours and, on occasion, be able to travel.
This role reports to the Head of Design
- Ability to interpret stakeholder briefs and respond with creative concepts of the highest standard, using our brand standards and wider best practice to inform your process and thinking.
- The creation of succinct creative presentations to communicate concept through to design, highlighting unique insight and brand opportunity
- Participate in creative sessions to input share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Working with stakeholders, strategy and design colleagues to understand scope
and objectives for workstreams
- Prepare and orientate initial conceptual directions to the Head of Design in response to stakeholder briefs
- Keeping abreast of advancements in design as well as new software and techniques, contemporary trends in production and sustainability.
- To deliver outstanding, cross-media creative to briefs that contribute to the ongoing development of our brand.
- Maintain exceptional quality control, ensuring design is executed to the highest quality through the most sustainable techniques
- Experience and understanding of a range of production outputs across, print, motion, and environment
- Stakeholder Management – being able to interpret briefs and projects from stakeholders and line managers. To prioritise tasks, consider budget constraints and critical timelines. Managing stakeholder requirements efficiently and proactively through to project fulfilment.
- Organisation and Collaboration – excellent time-management skills ensuring timely delivery against critical paths throughout the year. Being organised, contributing to the planning and output of the studio. Working with fellow Brand & Creative team members. Reporting to, and collaborating with the Head of Design
- Ensure deadlines and project timelines are met.
- Communication – keeping the Creative Director, Head of Design and immediate team informed of design-related issues.
Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Secondary software knowledge Cinema 4D, Renderer – Arnold/Octane.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of current design graphic trends.
- Proven ability in offering a multi-skilled response to creative briefs.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present creative concepts in response to briefs.
- Detail-orientated with exceptional organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise under pressure.
- Ability to oversee, inform and manage junior designers, provide constructive feedback and nurture new talent.
- Continual proactive learning of new technologies, software and industry innovations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Results – someone with an outstanding work ethic, driven by excellence with an expectation of delivering the best work possible.
- Collaborative – works collaboratively and engages in project teams, networks, and alliances.
- Self-motivated – a track record of getting things done in challenging circumstances.
- Organised - the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and to escalate where necessary.
- Communication – a clear, concise, and engaging communicator that can articulate creative thinking and implement through to production. To be able to listen and understand the needs of the business, stakeholder, or outcome.
- Creative – imaginative, inquisitive, challenging convention and thinking intuitively and creatively.
- Attention to detail – able to identify design or contextual flaws, and to remedy these with an exacting standard.