Senior Executive, Racing VIP Guest Relations
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
We’ve moved fearlessly forward through almost six decades to become who we are today. We’re taking the lead in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone is valued, and where we can all be our best. We’re shaping a culture that rewards performance. We’re building a better world.
This is what it really means to be fearless.
- You’ll lead the planning, management and onsite coordination of the VIP Guest Relations Programme across our racing series (including acting as the lead in the team for Extreme E) for McLaren personnel, Partners, Prospects, Shareholders and invited guests.
- You’ll work together with internal McLaren teams to define world class brand experiences including meetings and events at races for VIP guests who are being hosted by McLaren, the Chairman or one of the Shareholders.
- As the main point of contact for many of our VIP guests, you will play an intrinsic role in ensuring they have a seamless end to end experience when travelling to an event with McLaren.
- You’ll ensure that valuable relationships with senior members of the business are held in high regard throughout every touch point and communication.
This role will require travel to events where there are large or complex VIP programmes running to ensure successful onsite delivery of every guest movement and interaction.
You’ll join the Brand Experience team and sit within Guest Relations department reporting to the Team Lead, Guest Relations. The team are focused on delivering superior guest experiences onsite at Formula 1, Formula E, Extreme E and other events to inspire our VIPs and hosted guests. If you join the team, you must have an acute attention to detail, be methodical, patient and confident at building strong working relationships to manage through challenging event execution. While you’ll have a focus on VIP guest relations, you’ll also collaborate with those working across the other championships to drive innovation, learning and broader development.
- Lead the VIP guest programme for McLaren racing events including pit lane, garage and grid access.
- Manage pre-event travel, hotel arrangements and logistics and all supplier relationships.
- Coordinate on-site travel including ground transport, yacht tenders, helicopters and private jets and always look for the most sustainable options.
- Organise off-track events including private drinks receptions, dinners and golf over race weekends.
- Review and continually evolve the Guest Relations Programme and look for new opportunities.
- Communicate with VIP guests and their respective offices as well as McLaren Executives.
- Draft, review and innovate all event materials and itineraries to ensure tone of voice, brand and information are always on point.
- Work closely, communicate and regularly update the Team Lead, Guest Relations and relevant internal stakeholders of guest’s movements and any schedule changes or requirement.
- Use of CRM platforms to manage guest’s interactions and core research and talking points to drive deeper relations.
- Develop a gift concept with a focus on use of sustainable materials, to reduce waste to an unavoidable minimum and where possible avoid shipping or freight.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, Partners, industry stakeholders and suppliers.
- Monitor competitors and industry trends and report on potential future growth opportunities to ensure the continuous development of the guest experience at all events.
- Ensure that Health and Safety processes are adhered to by all parties at all events.
- Build tools to report all sustainability metrics and implement processes to capture relevant information to audit and continually assess and improve all operations.
- Constant review of processes against sustainable best practice and set guidelines to drive implementation and adoption across all stakeholders.
- Impeccable use of English Language required in both verbal and written.
- 3+ years’ experience in the guest relations, hospitality or similar industry with an interest in motorsport.
- Good level of knowledge of operational budget management.
- Strong supplier account management and contract review.
- Worked on a global level and understand complexities of event delivery in different markets.
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Creative mindset to bring spaces to life.
- Experienced in working with senior stakeholders, C-suite guests and ultra-high net worth individuals.
- Confident in dealing with challenging situations and relationships.
- Thoughtful decision maker who can operate under intense pressure.
- Interest or experience in sustainable event delivery and best practices.