Senior Licensing Manager (Core Lines)
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
As a Senior Licensing Manager you will lead the day to day management and operational fulfilment of core Licensees and eCommerce within the McLaren Racing portfolio. You will be required to proactively drive the core line licensing and ecommerce programme forward across all aspects of their contractual terms enabling core licensees to leverage their relationship with McLaren Racing to deliver maximum return and brand and revenue growth to the business.
- Reports into our Associate Director, Merchandise and Licensing
- Ability to maintain a laser-sharp focus on key strategic licensing accounts
- This role requires travel both within the UK and internationally and consequently flexibility in working hours will be required.
Core Lines Licensee Management
- Take leadership of the core line licensing programme which spans all apparel inc.Team Kit, Replica Kit, Travel Kit, Fanwear, Lifestyle and Fashion Apparel , Footwear, Headwear, Luggage. Channel relationships including ownership of ecomm/ trackside. Responsible for program over all McLaren Racing series
- Lead on brand and product direction/ strategy within Core lines, working with brand on style guides, and partners of driving the range to be relevant and targeted to fan and consumer segments
- Translate department strategy into actionable tactics to deliver targets within core lines managing own workload, accountabilities and responsibilities as well as that of 2-3 direct reports
- Develop and maintain relationships with the global stakeholders within the partner businesses
- Drive delivery of licensee business plans ensuring a framework for success is in place and hold team and yourself accountable for delivering against this
- Deliver ecommerce channel strategy in alignment with digital team, ensuring partner delivers on product, process, multi-channel marketing and reporting back into business
- Establish and deliver go to market process and launches encompassing fully integrated, multi channel, marketing campaigns
- Identify opportunities to drive business growth that could strengthen the value of each core partnership
- Lead Team Kit process with core partner(s) and key internal stakeholders across all series with support of Associate Director and Director
- Develop a deep understanding of McLaren’s Fanbase segments as a basis for product and marketing targeting and growth opportunities
- Responsible for administrative aspects of accounts - finance and royalty reporting, sales and forecasting against each programme in partnership with Finance team
- Ability to work with various departments within McLaren Racing, and across the McLaren Group to manage core lines in an aligned way
- Establish processes and reporting structures to deliver programme and align team and wider business
- Build internal reputation and knowledge of the wider business both within Racing and within Group
- Work closely with other members of the team to deliver monthly reporting and communications to Partners
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience across account management, licensing, and people management
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of go to market strategy and marketing principles
- Ability to on-board new licensees and manage process from briefing through to seasonal reporting
- Experience of building and executing ecommerce marketing tactics and campaigns across social and digital channels
- Strong capability to manage multiple stakeholders in matrixed organization with attention to detail
- Knowledge of, and passion for licensing, product, marketing and sports
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage critical paths and projects on time
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Good working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. MS Office suite)
- Fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages would be an advantage)
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
Hybrid working patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.