Senior Operative, Heritage and TPC Quality Control & NDT Technician
United Kingdom, England, WokingTPC
Purpose of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a non-destructive testing technician to join our Quality Control, Heritage and TPC (testing of previous cars) team. Working with the latest non-destructive testing & inspection technology and tools, the successful candidate will play a leading role in ensuring that new and in-service components are delivered to the highest conforming standard to enhance the safety of our drivers and optimise car performance.
- Dimensional and Non-destructive testing of both new and in-service components using a variety of Metrology & NDT methods and techniques.
- Geometrical inspection and the requirement to raise non-conformance reports. Experience using FARO, Polyworks, Power Inspect, GOM, PC Dimis would be advantageous.
- Travel to various test events and venues will be required throughout the year where not only will you conduct various inspections but will also hands on in the build and running of the TPC car.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- PCN/ASNT Level 2 or EN4179/NAS410 in Ultrasonic, Eddy-Current, Magnetic, Penetrant flaw detection and Radiography.
- Extensive experience with NDT techniques in an aerospace, motorsport or similar industry.
- Experience working within an inspection department using modern and conventional technology to measure precision components.
- Knowledge of composites, composite manufacturing and testing techniques. A previous background in mechanical engineering would be a strong advantage.
- Exemplary attention to detail is a must.
- Practical and hands on. Willing to go outside scope of QC role to help running of TPC car.
- Fully computer literate, including use of an MRP system.
- Must be focused and able to work in a methodical manner, even when working under pressure.
- Conscientious approach to workload with flexibility in working hours and tasks undertaken.
- Must have the ability to work either alone or as part of a team.
- Driven, self-motivated and extremely pro-active – takes opportunity to use own initiative.
- Earns respect of team-members by their own actions
- Determined – results focused, driven to achieve a successful outcome
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.