Senior Specialist, PLM Systems Administrator
Woking, England, United KingdomIT
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
Working across the Technical Design and Operational functions, this role works towards ensuring that McLaren Racing is at the forefront of the design and engineering processes.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that the maximum amount of time is dedicated to design development and the minimum to non productive or nugatory activities.
Woking based. Occasional travel required. Standard working hours but flexibility to work additional hours as and when required.
Day to day support and development of the McLaren Racing PLM Solution, 3DExperience, including:
- Contribute and support the Digital Transformation strategy.
- Assist in the planning of the PLM Administration teams tasks.
- Lead and report on project deliverables, work packages and statements of work.
- Development and support of the PLM solution, methods, best practices and integrations to external systems.
- Be responsible for technical specifications and rollout of system enhancements, upgrades and capabilities.
- Configure and test the PLM system based on business requirements and industry best-practices.
- Requirements capture, specification writing for changes, new features and interfaces.
- Proactively engage in system improvements, converting requirements into solutions.
- Identify and propose additional system value.
- Assisting data migration activities, and system interfaces.
- System monitoring and reporting, preventative actions for system stability.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate a high level understanding of installing Dassault Systems 3DExperience platform in both monolithic and multi-server environments.
- Strong experience in developing, deploying and supporting PLM solutions.
- Strong understanding of PLM software best-practices and methodologies.
- Proven experience providing effective operational support for PLM.
- Strong understanding of 3DExperience Data Model Configuration (DMC).
- Good knowledge of Business Logic and Business Intelligence.
- Experienced in JPO, MQL and other relevant languages.
- Experienced in Enovia Change Management and interface customisations.
- Manage deployments across various environments in a controlled manner.
- Proven track record in project execution and delivering system improvements.
- Effective communicator demonstrating interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 applications.
- Understanding of infrastructure and compute requirements in multi-server environments.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive, and agile approach to complex tasks management.
- Technically minded and confident conducting technical dialogue with colleagues and technology partners.
- Have led a team in a technical, software based environment.
- Leadership experience.
- A team player who establishes and maintains effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Good communicator, able to listen, express and articulate information effectively, in a professional manner always.
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and change priorities based on revised business requirements.
- Able to demonstrate sound time and priority management, taking corrective action and building in contingencies as necessary.
- Pro-actively develops relationships by making efforts to listen to and to understand both clients and their customers.
- Ensures quality standards and productivity goals are met.
- Able to scope a project, identify research requirements and the critical success factors by which the outcome will be measured.
- Delivers results within pre-determined timescales.
- Understands and recognises the need for change to continually drive business performance.
- Creates and encourages new and imaginative approaches to work where this does not incur risk or adverse effect on budgetary constraint.
- Identifies fresh approaches and is pro-active in making attempts to improve processes and functions which align with company objectives and decisions.
- Treats partners fairly and gives high priority to interaction and quality of service.
- Ability to liaise with IT specialists – Able to ensure McLaren Racing requirements are understood for each project.
- Keeping abreast of new solutions and improvements.
- Takes the initiative and accepts responsibility for managing his/her own professional, skill and personal development.
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.