Senior Specialist, Tyre Engineer
Woking, England, United KingdomIndyCar
Arrow McLaren is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
We value: Innovative – Respectful – Inclusive – Energetic – Brave
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren Director of Performance, this position is based at our Woking location and encompasses responsibilities described below.
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on succeeding on the track? If so, Arrow McLaren does not compromise on the quality and innovation that go into our cars.
As a Senior Specialist, Tyre Engineer, you will join a passionate crew that will service and maintain our IndyCar for a high-performance, high-speed experience on the track. The right candidate will have a background preferably within motorsport and will be self-motivated and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will work creatively in a team atmosphere while adhering to tight deadlines and remaining calm in high pressure situations.
This is a salaried full-time position, with medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Analysis of track data to assess the tyre performance accurately and quickly to strict deadlines during race and test events
- Developing the methods and processes used for the tyre performance analysis
- Working with and developing advanced race tyre models
- Utilizing rig and track data to enhance correlation for simulation and DIL purposes
- Work with simulation, vehicle performance and track engineers to maximize tyre exploitation and aid performance prediction
- Travel to support test or race events as required
- A team player but with the initiative to make own decisions and work with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, able to identify requirements independently, then make proposals for solutions
- Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, often with ever-changing priorities
- Good communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical approach, with attention to detail
- Aptitude to learn from others and share knowledge with other
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering or Physics
- Proven experience in tyre and performance analysis
- Extensive knowledge of tyre and vehicle dynamics
- Experienced using MATLAB or Python
- Prior involvement in professional motorsports