United States, Indiana, IndianapolisIndyCar
Arrow McLaren SP is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren SP is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren SP Performance Engineering Director in our Indianapolis location, the Simulation Engineer works within the vehicle dynamics group to perform industry-leading modeling and simulation.
This role entails:
- Correlating models to measured data
- Performing pre-event sweeps and analysis
- Working closely with Race Engineers and Performance Engineers to optimize vehicle setup
- Maximizing the impact of the driver-in-the-loop test program and attending those sessions
- Working with the rest of the Vehicle Dynamics group and the Software group to refine models, methods, and tools to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering, engineering technology, computer science, physics, or equivalent
- Strong background in vehicle dynamics
- Knowledge of high-level programming languages (Matlab, Python, C++)
- Understanding of time-based logged data
- Experience with physical models and dynamic simulation
- Previous background in motorsports
- Experience using Pi Toolbox or McLaren Atlas
- Experience with road vehicle or aerospace simulation
- Prior trackside engineering role
- Knowledge of DoE methods
- Understanding of cloud computing and virtual machines
This job will include extensive travel to races/tests and requires the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in a high-pressure environment.
AMSP is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.