United States, Indiana, IndianapolisIndyCar
Arrow McLaren SP is an IndyCar team of racers who take pride in continuous improvement and delivering performance on track and with our technology tools.
The team is growing a diverse and inclusive group to deliver the highest quality tools and support to our trackside activities. We believe that careers in tech and engineering should be for everyone. No matter who you are, where you’re from, or what your background is.
As a Specialist Software Engineer for Arrow McLaren SP, you will be contributing to a variety of bespoke software solutions specifically for our entry in the NTT IndyCar Series, in areas including simulation, data analysis, strategy, competitor analysis, race engineering and more.
You will be involved in all stages of the development cycle, from requirements analysis through to development and deployment. Some projects will be yours to own, with the guidance of your manager and mentoring from more experienced members of the team.
We support the software and tools we produce, so some out of hours work, trackside support and travel will be part of the role.
As part of the Software and Data Applications team, you will collaborate with fellow software engineers as well as team members from a wide variety of disciplines, in order to ensure that the tools we build meet their requirements.
You will be based at the Arrow McLaren SP facility in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA and collaborating closely with engineers internationally.
You’ll spend your time:
- Involved with all stages of the development and support of bespoke software solutions that we use to analyze our data, continually improve our performance, and deliver results on track.
- Working with a wide variety of programming languages and technologies across multiple projects.
- Collaborating closely with fellow software engineers and team members from a variety of disciplines and in different time zones.
- Addressing technical challenges with appropriate solutions.
We’re looking for an engineer with the following experiences:
- BSc in Computer Science or similar (2:1 or above) or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of commercial experience applying software engineering through agile/lean methodologies.
- Strong theoretical understanding of fundamental concepts, such as object-oriented programming, design patterns/principles, relational databases, and test-driven development.
- Experience with elements of the following technology stack, or their equivalents:
- C#, TypeScript, MATLAB
- Azure, AWS or GCP
- Git (pull requests, feature branches, code reviews)
- SQL Server, MongoDB
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Linux, Kubernetes
- Motorsport experience would be preferable
If you are interested in this role, then we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria outlined above
In your cover note, please highlight your interest or experience in motorsport.