Specialist, Artwork Production
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
Specialist, Artwork and Production
Reporting to: Artwork and Production Manager
Department: Brand Creative, Marketing
Location: MTC, Woking (UK)
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to create and deliver artwork for the production of assets to support the McLaren Racing programmes and associated activities. As part of the production arm of our in-house creative studio, this role supports the creative team in bringing to life our brand across multiple touch points to build equity in the McLaren brand and thereby growing our fan base.
The successful candidate will be accountable for preparing digital artwork for print and have the practical skills for application across a wide and varied racing inventory. With an understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite and vinyl production software, they will generate artwork for print collateral, car wrapping and cutting for environment application.
They will work to the McLaren Racing Brand Identity guidelines, ensuring all artwork is cohesive and successfully supports our broader brand and creative ambitions. They will provide key artwork assets to our partners and licensees for use across multiple applications including environment, apparel and livery.
They are expected to work collaboratively with stakeholders across Marketing and Racing, understanding briefs and requirements and planning their work flow. They will foster excellent supplier relations and excellent quality control in delivery. They will constantly look outside of Racing to bring innovative new ideas around sustainability to the way that we showcase our brand.
No direct report but will be expected to oversee third party agency resource. This role will entail unsocial hours, weekend working and some travel.
Design Artwork Creation (45%)
On receiving design intent and guidance from creative, the successful candidate should able to adapt, convert and resize to print ready artwork for application across a range of brand inventory for print, packaging, environment, apparel and livery.
Vinyl Artwork Application (45%)
After the creation of artwork the candidate would be expected to print, cut, prepare and apply to a range of physical assets, anything ranging from a F1 car through to environment.
Working closely with the Artwork & Production Manager and colleagues within the design team to understand briefs and specific requirements. Being able to plan work flow, ensuring excellent air-traffic control and prioritisation to delivery within critical deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency at art working and using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience at working on physical production including application of vinyl materials, vinyl wrapping, and print processes.
- Excellent team working; supporting peers whilst, adept at navigating complexity and ambiguity.
- Organisation skills; able to pivot under pressure and deliver best-in-class assets.
- Attention to detail; exacting standards to ensure materials deliver against our contractual obligations and protect our brand.
- Creative – resourceful, imaginative, inquisitive, challenges conventions and solves problems intuitively and creatively.
- Strategic – a smart and logical mind that can deliver and act upon briefs.
- Credible – is considered highly credible by their peers and stakeholders; acts as a role model for the McLaren values.
- Results-driven – an outstanding work ethic; someone who is adept at managing their own energy and priorities.
- Challenges – innovates and holds him or herself to exacting standards.
- Ownership – takes accountability for both successes and failures; always strives for improvement.
- Collaboration – Builds relationships with ease, securing the trust of those inside and outside the business.
- Organised – ability to manage concurrent projects and plan and manage their own time.