Specialist - Electric Racing Hospitality
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
We’ve moved fearlessly forward through almost six decades to become who we are today. We’re taking the lead in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone is valued, and where we can all be our best. We’re shaping a culture that rewards performance. We’re building a better world.
This is what it really means to be fearless.
- You’ll maximise the Brand Experience offering, drive advocacy and engagement with the team, partners, guests and the championship through delivering innovative hospitality experiences at Electric Races including Formula E and Extreme E.
- In this role, you’ll create and develop interactive, persuasive, unique, exciting and personal Electric Racing Hospitality experiences to optimise the guest interaction with the brand, highlighting key messaging throughout and driving emotional engagement.
- You’ll ensure all activations represent the McLaren brand and are positioned as world class to generate commercial opportunities for McLaren throughout all trackside experiences and touchpoints.
You’ll join the Brand Experience team and sit within Electric Racing Hospitality reporting to the Senior Manager, Electric Racing Hospitality with dotted lines to the others in the broader team who’ll lead projects this role supports. The team are fast paced, determined and look to push boundaries in everything they do through continuous review and innovation to provide the best
guest experiences possible. If you join the team, you must be relentless in the pursuit of better and always look for ways to improve and build efficiencies across working practices. While you’ll have a focus on Electric Racing, you’ll also collaborate with those working on other championships to drive innovation, learning, sustainable integration and broader development.
- Plan and execute the delivery of the Electric Racing Hospitality programme at each Formula E event throughout the season, including but not limited to VIP Hospitality, driver and team appearances, pit lane walk, garage and grid access.
- Work collaboratively as part of the cross functional Marketing team and wider organisation to successfully plan, deliver, track and report on all elements of delivery pre-event, on-event and post-event and ensure consistency across championships.
- Ensure that on-site duties and McLaren standards are maintained at each event, including health & safety processes by all parties including outside suppliers at events.
- Assist with the continuous development of the guest experience at all events.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders at a global and local level, understanding their objectives and business challenges. Act as their main point of contact regarding event bookings and assist in their pre-event planning.
- Responsible for all event marketing and guest communication materials, ensuring physical and digital assets are on-brand and contain accurate information.
- Responsible for ensuring that all branding is correct and up to date on all McLaren assets.
- Deliver the contractual fulfilment, ordering, tracking, distribution and invoicing of all event tickets, including VIP Hospitality and Grandstand.
- Development and operation of a ticket booking platform for Partners and team guests.
- Create live data reports, allowing Manager and wider team to monitor contractual ticket usage and additional spend or revenue in real time.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the creation of accurate freight lists for items sent to each event and communicate to all parties.
- Liaise with external companies regarding booking the freight movements and ensuring they are within budget.
- Manage timelines set out in annual freight project plan throughout the season; develop specialist knowledge of freight routes, lead times and minimum order quantities, to allow effective stock management and strategic planning throughout the season.
- Develop a gift concept with a focus on use of sustainable materials, to reduce waste to an unavoidable minimum to avoid shipping or freight where possible. Management of merchandise and gift ordering and allocation.
- Track all stock throughout the year and report findings to Manager.
- Post-event reporting including debriefs, rights utilisation, guest and Partner surveys, event sustainability (plastic use, waste, travel emissions etc).
- Build tools to report all sustainability metrics and implement processes for capturing relevant information to audit and continually assess and improve all operations.
- Constant review of processes against sustainable best practice and set guidelines to drive implementation and adoption across all stakeholders.
- Help to deliver up to four purpose-led initiatives involving team members, Partners, charities and members of the community; generating awareness of key issues and solutions, raising funds, providing resources and leaving a positive legacy connected to the teams’ values.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, Partners, industry stakeholders and suppliers.
- Monitor competitors and industry trends and report on potential future growth opportunities to ensure the continuous development of the guest experience at all events.
- Fluent use of English Language required in both verbal and written.
- 5+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry or similar with an interest in electric motorsport.
- Good level of knowledge of operational budget management.
- Strong supplier account management and contract review.
- Worked on a global level and understand complexities of event delivery in different markets.
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Creative mindset to bring spaces to life.
- Experienced in working with senior stakeholders and C-suite guests.
- Confident in dealing with challenging situations and relationships.
- Thoughtful decision maker who can operate under intense pressure.
- Interest or experience in sustainable event delivery and best practices.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment.
- Frequently required to work weekends, work away from home and unsociable hours.
- When attending motorsport events, the candidate may be exposed to high levels of noise and some manual handling may be required.
- On event, the role requires long hours on your feet.
Be fearless - apply now
McLaren Racing is the kind of place where everyone is encouraged to try something different, to discover new paths, to begin new journeys. To think fearlessly. To work fearlessly. To disrupt fearlessly.
Our race for performance has only just started. And we won’t ever stop pushing for more.