Specialist, Engineering Systems
Woking, England, United KingdomIT
At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
Purpose of the Role:
Working across the Technical Design and Operational functions, this role works towards ensuring that McLaren Racing is at the forefront of the design and manufacturing processes
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that the maximum amount of time is dedicated to design, manufacture and development activities.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, PLM Systems, the role is Woking based. Occasional travel required. Standard working hours but flexibility to work additional hours as and when required.
Day to day support to design and engineering functions including;
- Provide ongoing user support, responding to questions, feature requests, and resolving systems issues.
- Drive improvement and innovation throughout our PLM/CAD/CAM applications.
- Act as a point of contact for developing and prioritising all change requests, system alterations and customisations.
- Manage and troubleshoot client software installations.
- Play a role in the technical rollout of future systems, software and process enhancements.
- 1st and 2nd line application support.
- Primary focus on supporting production departments in relation to PLM/CAD/CAM.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- CAD/CAM Application installation and configuration.
- OpenMind Hypermill, PC-DMIS, Geomagic
- Experience of CATIA or 3DExperience.
- Understanding of the use of PLM/PDM software.
- Good understanding of manufacturing in machining and composites.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in programming languages such as VB, Python, Scripting Etc.
- Understanding of Design Office and Production procedures.
- § Mechanical or composite design and manufacturing knowledge.
- FEA knowledge.
- Customer support experience.
- Able to operate effectively as part of a team and engage at all levels.
- A team member who commands respect, uses their initiative and can influence others.
- Good communicator, able to listen, express and articulate information effectively, in a professional manner always.
- Conveys ideas and information in a clear and concise format, in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and change priorities based on revised business requirements.
- Able to demonstrate sound time and priority management, taking corrective action and building in contingencies as necessary.
- Takes the initiative and accepts responsibility for managing his/her own professional, skill and personal development
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
Hybrid working patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.